Clinging to life at Predannack

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 10 months

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19158

Does anyone know who you need to contact about these airframes at Predannack / Culdrose?
The reason I ask is that at 2366 (Bletchley Park) Squadron ATC we have a Harrier GR3 XV752 as our gate guard. We are in the process of refurbishing this airframe. It has a couple of missing external panels on the rear fuselage and we are looking for a spares source.

It has occurred to us that the GR3 airframes at Predannack might be a likely source. As the airframes are going to be eventually burnt someone there might give us permission for some spares reclamation. The problem is we have drawn blank regarding contacts at this stage. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Original post

Member for

16 years 8 months

Speak to the guy in charge of the School of Aircraft Handling at Culdrose (I will PM you his number), he is very accomodating visits and info wise, but getting parts out is a very different thing, and likely to draw a blank.
The Harriers are still on charge of HMS Sultan.

Member for

14 years 10 months

Thanks Pagen01. Any info on who we might need to contact at Sultan?

Member for

16 years 8 months

I haven't got any, and that is the grey area, but follow the contact details provided and they should know more.
hope it works out

Member for

20 years 2 months

KN

PM sent.

Lee

Member for

14 years 10 months

Thanks to everyone who has provided leads and contact info. We'll follow these up and let you know how we get on.

Member for

20 years 8 months

As a matter of interest does anyone know just how many airframes are lying around there in that state? Seems a terrible waste of aircraft which someone somewhere might wish to give a home to.

Member for

16 years 8 months

When I popped down with Spitfireman in October there were 5 Gr.3s (XV753, '783, XZ969, XZ996 & ZD667), 2 T.4s (XW271 & XZ145) and 1 SHar (ZD581).
Also residing there but in a worse state than the Harriers are, 1 Jag (XX845), 1 Dominie (XS738), 1 Jetstream (XX479), 1 Canberra B.(I).6 (WT308) and some helicopters!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Many thanks for that info.

Member for

14 years 10 months

After a few calls we have found out that the aircraft at Predannack are under the control of DE&S.
Can anyone help with a contact at DE&S who we can speak to / write about the possibility of getting some spare parts for our GR3 XV752?

Member for

16 years 2 months

i've sent an e-mail and told them about the help you've already received and hopefully i'll get a reply or at least a contact to ring/e-mail

Member for

14 years 10 months

Stacey24b.

Thanks for all the help it's very much appreciated.

Member for

16 years 6 months

sorry to bump your thread 52, just wanted to know if Pagen could say what helicopters are down there :)

Member for

16 years 8 months

Helicopters?! Some!:o
You might have to check out demobbed for that, there was a really nicely painted SAR Wessex, and another one on its side, but I didn't take details.

Member for

16 years 6 months

Pagen01, you have a PM re preddenack mate

Thanks for the info