Tornado/Jaguar Grip

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi all,

I am posting this request as a last resort in the hope someone can help me. I am seeking a Tornado grip (F1 I think) to add to my Jaguar GR3 control column, I have tried all other avenues and am about to embark on a rather costly course of having something made that will allow my GR1 grip to fit my GR3 column.

Otherwise the top part of a GR1 column with the screw thread would be even better.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Original post

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hi Paul

The sticktop for a GR3 came from redundant F2 Tornados IIRC. Haven't you got a GR1 sticktop........?

John

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi John

Yes I have a GR1 stick top but unfortunately have a GR3 column and the two just won't go together. I am just about to have a very costly machined part made up so I can join them but even then it is going to look ugly so would prefer a GR3 top to my ugly joiner - if that makes sense.

Cheers
Paul

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hi Paul

Are you sure that Evereatts haven't got a GR1 control column? As we've discussed before, the GR1b (precursor to GR3) was intro'd under a Service Engineered Mod, so I'd be surprised if the Control Column couldn't be reverse engineered.

Is there anyone out there who used to be at St Athan and would have c/o the SEM who could elaborate?

John

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi John

I have asked Everetts more than once without any luck. It would be very easy to reverse engineer, just have to unscrew the GR3 bit (4 screws) and add on the GR1 part, probably take less than 10 min. The only (main) problem is the GR1 part that joins the grip to the column is actually 2 cast items that are matched together and have a large thread on the top which is beyond my capabilities of manufacturing. See part numbers 12 and 13 of the attached diagram.

Cheers Paul

Attachments

Member for

16 years 10 months

Alles klar!

Best of luck mate, I'll keep an eye out for one for you

John

Member for

18 years 1 month

Paul - can you post a photo or two of what you do have. I may have an idea.....

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi JagRigger

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated, here is what I have, it appears to me that the only difference between a GR1 and GR3 column is the very top part that the grip actually attaches to.

Cheers Paul

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

can you post a photo of what you want a grip to fit to? I have seen a Tornado GR1/F2 grip in the stores of a scrapyard...though it is expensive!!

Are you telepathic Paul!?

Member for

16 years 11 months

If I was telepathic I would have known about the one in the scrapyard already. I may contact you about further details but at this stage it appears I may have found something suitable.

Regards
Paul

Member for

18 years 2 months

Hi JagRigger

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated, here is what I have, it appears to me that the only difference between a GR1 and GR3 column is the very top part that the grip actually attaches to.

Cheers Paul

That grip looks SO much like a Mirage grip!