Aeroboots & Aerojumbles – 2020

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

4 years 5 months

The dates of Newark Air Museum’s first two events for 2020 have been confirmed as:

Saturday 4 April, 2020 – Indoor Aeroboot /Aerojumble aviation sale

Saturday 20 June & Sunday 21 June, 2020 – Outdoor Aeroboot /Aerojumble aviation sale as part of Cockpit-Fest 20

Further details for April 2020 in here!

As it says on the NAM website “…..Approximately one third of the tables have already been booked and paid for”

Original post

Member for

4 years 5 months

Further update no wonted on the NAM website advising that over half of the tables for the spring Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble sale on 4 April 2020 have now been booked & paid for!

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Spring_Aeroboot

Face to face aviation trading still lives on in Nottingahmshire!

Member for

4 years 5 months

Another mini update has just been added to the NAM website advising that 34 of the tables for the spring Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble on 4 April 2020 have been booked & paid for – only 14 left to allocate!

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Museum-Events

Face to face aviation trading!

Member for

4 years 5 months

Being reported elsewhere that:

"All of the tables have now been allocated (sold) for the Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble aviation sale on 4th April and the museum is now operating a Reserve Waiting List for anyone who might want to book a table if it becomes available!

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Spring_Aeroboot

Face to face #aviation trading!"

Member for

4 years 5 months

Are you also doing aeroboot sales as depicted in your logo? 

Member for

4 years 5 months

NAM will be doing a traditional outdoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble alongside their Cockpit-Fest event in June, dates etc. in this weblink: http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/2020_Special-Events

Cannot guarantee that anyone will be selling from the back of a C-130 though; also I cannot change my Avatar on the new forum!  

Member for

16 years 2 months

A few more dates for your diaries:-

Kenley Aerojumble (alongside the Autojumble) on Sunday, 8th March.

Popham Aero/Autojumble, Sunday, 10th May (n.b. appears to be a one day only event this year).

Aerobilia '20 at Old Sarum, (Boscombe Down Aviation Collection) on Saturday, 16th May.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Thanks AM for highlighting the aerojumble events around the country always good to know. Does anyone know of any others either U.K. or overseas? 

Member for

16 years 2 months

I've just received an email to say that the Kenley autojumble on March 8th has been cancelled due to the state of the field it's held in.

I assume this applies to the aerojumble as well.

Best do some checking before the day to be on the safe side.

Member for

19 years 9 months

I have spoken to the organiser of the Kenley aerojumble. Nothing was organised for the 8th March 2020. The two aerojumble dates are Sunday 7th June 2020 and Sunday 20th September 2020. The organisers for the aerojumble and autojumble are different parties so may not always join up on the same event days. Hope this helps. 

Member for

16 years 2 months

Apologies for any confusion.

The email I based my initial comments on was from the autojumble organiser who referred to the 8th March event as an auto and aero jumble.

Member for

4 years 5 months

An update from NAM regarding the April sale:

"A quick post to advise that despite any rumours to the contrary, we have NOT cancelled the Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble aviation sale on 4th April.

We are monitoring the coronavirus situation carefully & will keep the situation under review!

http://newarkairmuseum.org/Spring_Aeroboot "

Member for

4 years 5 months

The Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble at Newark Air Museum on 4th April 2020 has been cancelled. 

Member for

13 years 3 months

Sad news indeed as one of my favourite jumbles on the ever decreasing circuit

But i guess it was inevitable

Fingers crossed that we can have a new date within the near future

Member for

4 years 5 months

Once things start to settle down I will be working with everyone at NAM to try and ensure that a revised date is arranged, but in reality it may be best to try and go with the outdoor sale that accompanies Cockpit-Fest. This is due to take place on 20 & 21 June; 2020 - the team at NAM is still preparing for that event.

All that said, as explained in the paperwork that was sent out recently; some minor changes for NAM events were already in the pipeline, due to a change in the VAT status of NAM's cafe. Challenging times!! 

Member for

4 years 5 months

Does anyone know of any other Aeroboot/Aerojumbles scheduled for July, August and September?

Member for

13 years 3 months

Great to hear FLY.BUY

Seems a bit of an eternity currently though, something to hopefully look forward to.

Member for

4 years 5 months

Further to the post in the Newark Air Museum Briefing thread I am currently investigating / lobbying for an open air Aeroboot on Saturday 26th September 2020 - similar to the one that normally accompanies Cockpit-Fest; still work in progress and not confirmed.