Aeroboots & Aerojumbles – 2020

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

Yes, as far as I am aware. 

Member for

13 years 3 months

Hi Fly.buy

Is there an events page link anywhere? as i cant appear to find anything on it.

I did find the Kenley autojumble for the same date that has been cancelled according to there facebook page.

Member for

19 years 9 months

The event is still on as far as I am aware, I believe it is being run separate to the autojumble this year. If you want direct confirmation there should be a telephone number For the organiser on the advert in the back of flypast or aeroplane magazine if you have a copy. 

Member for

16 years 2 months

So did Kenley go ahead in the end?

Anyone care to comment?

Member for

13 years 3 months

Hi AM

Yes it did go ahead and considering it was fairly busy, i would guess around 15 tables, a mixture of aircraft relics, books, models, kits, paperwork etc.

Came away quite happy with a couple of purchases i made, there was also a miles Master front canopy section that contained front screen including perspex.

Also good to have a catch up with FLY.BUY as its been way to long.

Was hoping to see you there but appreciate its along journey for yourself and others on the of chance, as there is a couple of your previous items that im interested in as been saving my pennies, no doubt i will catch up with you next year all going well.

Managed to walk the perimeter of the airfield runway and out buildings some very good memorials now in place to some of the airman sadly lost who flew out of Kenley.

Overall a good morning in the glorious weather.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Good to hear H66, I' m glad someone managed a bit of 'jumbling in 2020.

I doubt you'll see me down there again.  The one and only time I managed it, it was built around several busy days and sundry tasks in the South, culminating in Kenley on the Sunday.  Even then, on exiting the car park at The National Archives on Saturday afternoon, I had the choice of turning left for Kenley or right for home and home almost won (due to fatigue).

It'll be Newark only for me, unless something new and exciting occurs (but I' m not expecting anything!).

Member for

16 years 7 months

H66 - Did the Master windscreen sell?  Do you have a photo at all?

Kind regards,

Tim

Member for

19 years 9 months

Good day at Kenley on Sunday, quite a few stalls and good to meet fellow collectors such as Hawker1966 and others. I came away with a Piper Cub rudder, thought it would be a good display piece for the wall. I don’t think the Master windscreen sold, the seller was the organiser of the aerojumble, look at the  Posts above and you will see how to contact him. Let’s hope that 2021 provides better opportunities for aerojumble events. 

Member for

13 years 3 months

Hi Tim

Sorry no photo but i believe it was the event organiser that was selling it, FLY.BUY may no more, 

Here is the link below where you may be able to contact the organiser himself, he was asking £250 but said he was open to offers.

it was the first stall on the right after entering.

It hadnt sold when i left.

Good luck.

=https://aviationantiques.co.uk/

Member for

19 years 9 months

Found a picture of the windscreen. 

Attachments

Member for

16 years 7 months

Thank you both that is appreciated.

Tim