Duxford Diary 2020

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

4 years 5 months

Despite IWM closure, the airfield was still operating with DAs (G-XXTR & F-GXDB) and Spitfire flights (G-CCCA), amongst other movements.

Original post

Member for

4 years 5 months

It was a Hurricane day, today, with V7497 and R4118 both airborne. There were further display practices from Extra G-XXTR and CAP 232 F-GXDB and a visiting Harvard.

Attachments

Member for

4 years 5 months

The wine of contemporary aerobatics had gone, today, but there were more pleasant sounds provided by Hurricane R4118 and The Millers' Rapide, G-AGJG. Not sure that the sound of Harvard G-CIUW/FE511, presumably conveying the Hurricane's owner, came into the pleasant category!

Attachments

Member for

4 years 5 months

Tuesday 24th March

Only movements noted were 2 Wattisham Apaches for training and Harvard G-BDAM.

Wednesday 25th March

Rapide G-AIYR arrived from Clacton and a lone Spitfire was airborne.

Member for

4 years 5 months

'Sunset over AirSpace' - this caption could have a rather deeper symbolic significance........

Attachments

Member for

4 years 5 months

At last, an aircraft movement!

This Partenavia P68C arrived on Saturday.

Attachments

Member for

4 years 5 months

PL983 airborne again, today!

Attachments

Member for

4 years 5 months

Another 'maintenance' flight on Friday saw a Mustang airborne with a new colour scheme.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thank you for posting , is this shark in new paint or another ?

I would think there will be a lot of activity from Duxford this coming week.

Member for

4 years 5 months

I don't know which one it was but John Romain flew it and they just used the call 'Mustang'.

Member for

4 years 5 months

The 'mystery' Mustang was flying, again, today culminating in photoshoot in the late evening sunlight with Harvard G-BGPB. It is, in fact, "The Shark'  G-SHWN, which is now sporting the colour scheme of a 4th Fighter Group, Debden-based machine.

Member for

17 years 6 months

It flew over Redditch and apparently popped into Birmingham airport! It's such a shame it's lost it's shark  scheme but hay ho owners prerogative I guess!

Member for

4 years 5 months

PL983, still thanking the NHS, performing over Duxford this morning.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

According to the latest Aeroplane Monthly, the former Shark is now flying in the scheme carried by Don Blakeslee's personal aircraft flying out of nearby Debden. If only Dad were still here to see it, he'd often have seen the original...

Member for

4 years 5 months

​​​​​​​Welcome Spitfire traffic at Duxford today.SM845 - 1​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Member for

24 years 2 months

My apologies, 24 threshold 2, I've only just seen your post above, and had a good emotional nostalgia trip as a result.  Thank you!

Now, wouldn't it be nice to see a P51B painted as "Kidd" Hofer's Salem Representative - even if Wyvern fan might not like the white wall tyres!

Member for

4 years 5 months

Bravo ! Duxford 2020 and a Spitfire, remember when lots moaned at another Spitfire, well I love them, carry on posting