French flying boat Lioré et Olivier H-242

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 10 months

Recovered in Algeria and fully restored, the large 1/20 cutaway model LEO H- 242 is back to France.

AIR UNION, later AIR FRANCE ordered fourteen flying boats of the type H242. Construstion began at the Argenteuil factory near Paris in the late 1931

The Lioré et Olivier LEO H-242 flying boat was introduced in 1934 and operated by AIR FRANCE on routes to Algiers, Tunis, Tripoli and Beirut

Best regards

AIR FRANCE Leo H-242

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 7 months

The garden is attractive, the model of the LéO is more attractive still. Is there a reason for the latter being displayed in the former?

Member for

14 years 10 months

It's only to create a " mediterranean " picture for the last factory model to survive...

Attachments

Member for

11 years 3 months

Very nice! Do you know the history of the model, cloudpainter? Has it been in Algeria since the '30s?

Member for

15 years 7 months

I didn't realize the Leo 242s had red wingsperiod photo port side

Member for

11 years 3 months

Stunning photos, longshot :)

Member for

14 years 10 months

Indeed, the model has been in Algeria since the '30s with another one, the LEO H 246.

Both are now in France. I hope to complete the restoration very soon.  Algeria is a gold mine for old  travel agency models.

The LEO 242s had orange wings and some also the tail.

The black and white picture in the Lioré et Olivier factory is a good indication.

Attachments

Member for

14 years 10 months

Some black and white pictures of the model to compare with the actual flying boat...

Attachments

Member for

11 years 3 months

Thanks, cloudpainter. It's great that these rare models have survived all these years and have been, or are being, restored. I hope we can look forward to seeing your H 246 in the future too :)

Member for

14 years 10 months

The large models of Lioré et Olivivier flying boat were on frequent display at the Grand Palais Air show.

Every year, the aircraft exhibitions were a massive success.

I'll be back with more recent pictures of the same Lioré et Olivier models, the LEO H- 246 and the H 470...

Attachments

Member for

14 years 10 months

THE LARGEST MODEL OF THE LIORE ET OLIVIER H-242 

In april 1932, a scale model of 1/1 was built at Argenteuil by the company's carpenters.

They made an interior according to the specifications from the company AIR UNION, wich wanted luxurious facilities.

You know what, I'm jealous !

Attachments

Member for

14 years 10 months

AIR FRANCE Leo H-242Artwork of a Lioré et Oliver H-242,  Marignane - Etang de Berre

Best regards

Attachments