Hawker Tempest II MW763/G-TEMT

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 6 months

Can anyone add to this.....did it move to other squadrons?

Member for

15 years 6 months

Does anyone know when the Tempest group was placed at the Poona (Pune) airfield as decoys?

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

Ando, I can't help with any information about this airframe but as an airshow-goer and enthusiast I just wanted to say how interesting it is to see a little of the behind-the-scenes work that goes into airshow commentary, particularly for such an exciting aircraft project.

Member for

15 years 6 months

K5054NZ, Thanks for the comments. No-one really knows just how much work actually goes into my commentary and I don't put it out there. I can only speak for me regarding this but I want everything perfect. As we all know it does not happen that way but if I am commentating on this beautiful machine and there is an Indian aviation enthusiast in the audience, I would want him to be satisfied that the data on the aircraft from his perspective was correct. Who knows.....it may even get me a gig in India !!!  Really hoping I get the opportunity to talk about this magnificent machine. It may not be in its Indian markings but by God it looks fantastic.

Member for

15 years 6 months

Another question.....did No.33 Sqn only operate Tempest II from Kuala Lumpur or were they also operated from Butterworth ?