Hawker Typhoon JP843

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

3 years 7 months

Hello everyone!

The build progress on JP843 is progressing much faster than anticipated, and I've taken to video episodes to show what we're up to with the project. I've created a few ways to watch these, a dedicated channel that requires a subscription, as well as our YouTube channel where you get to watch much of the content for free; in either case, if you're willing to subscribe it would be a huge help to the project.

You can watch for free at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVX_KRjUHcPlyS_GhpbhiA/featured?sub_confirmation=1

I hope to see you there, many thanks in advance!

Ian Slater

Typhoon JP843 Project Lead

Original post

Member for

18 years 4 months

Thank you Ian

Absolutely fascinating, I didn't realise the project was moving on at such a pace.

Could you do a version without the foreground music, I had to watch it three times to understand what you were saying in the background!

Richard  

Member for

3 years 7 months

Hi Richard,

Great to hear that it's showing progress well, I'll have a look at the music issue, it's supposed to be subtle! I'm learning as I go!

Ian

Profile picture for user DH82EH

Member for

11 years 3 months

Hey Ian.
I've been enjoying your Youtubes (while wearing my typhoon T-shirt).
I saw your latest one and it really encourages me to see the cooperation between the teams striving toward the same goal!
Thanks for sharing the updates of your truly awesome project. I love it !

Andy

Member for

3 years 7 months

Hi Andy,

I'm very glad to hear that the videos are well received, they should become even more interesting as we get out of the introduction style episodes, and into the shop work episodes.

The guys at the Jet Age Museum Typhoon project have always been there to help when we need it. Every group can bring something to the table, and I was pleased to be able to use our tooling for a second set of frames. 

It's quite an honor to be able to play a role in the Typhoons resurrection on multiple fronts!

JAM set foreground JP843 set is background

Ian

Profile picture for user DH82EH

Member for

11 years 3 months

Okay.
That's just a whole lot of way too cool!!
Amazing stuff Ian.
Best to you and your team, from Ontario.

Andy

Member for

15 years 1 month

Well Ian, I am blown away, what fantastic progress you’re making. Looking forward to more updates. Thanks.

Member for

3 years 7 months

Thank you very much gents! The Jet Age frame set is in transit to the UK now, and I'm putting together our last airworthy frame before sending  our set off for heat treatment. I'm very excited to start some assembly on the fuselage!

Ian

Attachments

Member for

15 years 1 month

Looks impressive in the fuselage jig.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Great stuff Ian - but seconded on the music! Better to kill it entirely when you're talking!

Member for

3 years 7 months

Hi guys! 8 episodes in now and I'm starting to sort out some of the little things that make these more viewer friendly.

The most recent video covers informatiOur sea of Typhoon fixtures!on of the fixtures we have built for JP843, progress is very steady despite the COVID situation, and I've been able to really dig into to some of the early work on the next major assemblies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlsqowz-h5M?sub_confirmation=1

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,

Watched all your posted videos, you are doing an excellent job.  Keep up all the good work your patience will be rewarded in the end.  You are a Titan amongst us mere mortals by following your dream.

Happy Christmas And A  Happier New Year to you and your family.

Geoff.

Member for

3 years 7 months

There is a great deal of work on the go in the shop, I'm now working on the next batch of parts for heat treatment, and will be on the home stretch to assembly when they come back!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Thank you , well done.Looking all a bit 3d now :)