A new Hurricane being built at Hawker Restorations P3966 Paddy Hemingway 85 Squadron

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

4 years 5 months

Link below.

Last of the few John Paddy Hemingway, His Hurricane shot down 26th August 1940 is now in the process of a return to flight at Hawker Restorations , Paddy the last surviving pilot from the battle who is now a 103 years old is shocked and happy it will fly again within 18 months to two years.

I do hope he sees it take to the skies

PS Is HR under new ownership?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19304126/battle-britain-cockpit-shot-nose…

THE SUN

Also I note a french Hurricane I on its way to the UK

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

Can never have too many Hurricanes :) 

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,

With the new Hawker Restorations project P3966 hitting the headlines it put me in mind of another project that of P3175 (Admittedly only an fuselage project) but nonetheless an airworthy restoration candidate IMPO judging by the Sun article picture of what is left of P3966 remains.

This project seems to have stagnated as there have been no updates by where it resides for whatever reason, to this I have emailed the museum for an update. www.aviationmuseum.net)

I have during my search come across this Facebook page if your interested in Hurricane talk plus other bits. (Scroll down to 24/07 post very interesting piece I thought what say you ?

https://www.facebook.com/Www.Camm.followers.2014.co.uk/?hc_ref=ARR_bh1A…

Geoff.

Member for

4 years 5 months

The Hendon BoB museum Hurricane, its a disgrace that its now in storage although some say under conservation! As far as I know its actually not owned by the RAF Museum and was only only a long term loan.

Anyone have the facts?

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

I imagine the museums concerned would - have you contacted them?