Rank the best to worst fighter companies!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 11 months

looking at the aviation industry ww in 2010, who would you rank the Best, the most advanced, and the most sought after. opposed to some of the worst?

My personal rank would be:

Lockheed
Sukhoi
Boeing
dassault
Eurofighter consortium
SAAB
MIG
BAE
Shenyang

discuss.

Original post

Member for

14 years 1 month

MiG and Sukhoi are UAC.

Now one big badass company.

Member for

16 years

looking at the aviation industry ww in 2010, who would you rank the Best, the most advanced, and the most sought after. opposed to some of the worst?

Lockheed
Sukhoi
Boeing
dassault
Eurofighter consortium
SAAB
MIG
BAE
Shenyang

discuss.

oh which company is the best in the aviation industry?

i don't know how to rank them but..
probably Boeing is the best because they pay well, give good benefits, and are stable. The worst. The former MiG of course.. not paying its workers now and then, hiring babushkas to build aircraft, selling old MiG-29s as new to Algerians.. its so bad that the Russian government had to merge it with Sukhoi to save it and buy some pity MiGs to keep it afloat.

Member for

15 years 9 months

Current or Historically? :dev2:

Member for

14 years 6 months

Why no EADS? Why have the Eurofighter consortium when that is just a subsidiary of BAE and EADS? Why rank BAE so low when it is a major contractor on two major fighter projects?

Member for

14 years 6 months

Forgot to add: Why no Northrop Grumman?

Member for

20 years 5 months

I would never dare to put LMCO on top of such a list ... they sure have qualities, but if it's building aircraft I'm note sure. LOL
And I'd list Dassault much higher.
But agree that Sukhoi should be in the top three.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Why no Sopwith?:confused: They were pretty good in their day, I thought.
Are they still around?:D

Member for

18 years 9 months

Why have the Eurofighter consortium when that is just a subsidiary of BAE and EADS?

And Finmeccanica.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Why no Sopwith? Are they still around?:D

...which brings us on nicely to Hawker (Fury, Hurricane, Typhoon, Sea Hawk, Hunter, Harrier)

I would actually rate SAAB quite highly, only produce new fighter designs when they need to, and are of very high quaility.
MiG surely should be rated higher than Sukhoi when you look over the history of Russian fighters.

Member for

13 years 11 months

Im sorry i meant as far as tech wise. Whos designs are superior.
and lets narrows it down to the last few aircraft generations.
Maybe since the 60s. i forgot Yak, Northrop, and a few others

Member for

14 years 1 month

Lockheed
Sukhoi
Boeing
dassault
Eurofighter consortium
SAAB
MIG
BAE
Shenyang

discuss.

LM
UAC Sukhoi/MIG
Boeing
Dassault
EADS
Nothrop-Grumman
BAe
SAAB
Shenyang
HAL
KAI

Member for

16 years 7 months

Can I just ask, apart from the awful Tornado ADV (and unsure if that was 100% in house), which fighter have BAe designed and produced?

Member for

14 years 7 months

Lockheed
Sukhoi
Boeing
dassault
Eurofighter consortium
SAAB
MIG
BAE
Shenyang

discuss.

according to which criteria?

- If for selling vaporware I would give the golden medal to Lockheed Martin

- For building an excellent plane and screwing it up completely on the diplomatic and economical front I would vote for dassault

- for building a small plane, and selling it worldwide as part of a complete defence packet, Gripen is king

- for cheating and lying the prize goes to MIG

- For preparing the future I would give many points to Boeing

Member for

17 years 5 months

Can I just ask, apart from the awful Tornado ADV (and unsure if that was 100% in house), which fighter have BAe designed and produced?

BAE and its predecessors have fully designed or at least been heavily involved in the design of:

Eurofighter
F-35
Tornado
Hawk
Harrier
Spitfire
EE Lightning

and others

Member for

14 years 2 months

and was the "ADV" really awful or just asked to do to many things?

Member for

16 years 7 months

arguably both, either way I don't see how it makes BAe one of the top ten fighter companies.

Member for

14 years 6 months

LM
UAC Sukhoi/MIG
Boeing
Dassault
EADS
Nothrop-Grumman
BAe
SAAB
Shenyang
HAL
KAI

I'm intersted as to how you rank EADS vs BAE systems.

Apart form the fact that both support the Tornado and the Typhoon programmes (and arguably, BAE was the lead designer of the Typhoon at least), that BAE also design the Harrier, the Hawk, are a major design partner in the F-35 programme. To my mind BAE have a much larger portfolio in the military sphere vis a vis EADS.

Member for

14 years 6 months

arguably both, either way I don't see how it makes BAe one of the top ten fighter companies.

Well, as others have pointed out, it's not the only thing BAE have done in the last 25 years or so.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Not sure where you are coming from with that, Eurofighter consortium are made up of four bodies, including EADS Germany (same percentage as BAe), EADS CASA, and Alenia, are anyone of those names also singled out as great fighter producers?
The Tornado was another consortium under Panavia, though I realise that BAe were leaders on the ADV aspect, but Like I say, hardly a great fighter.
Hawk? Was the pure fighter variant used and if so is it that great?
The Harrier project was taken over from its designers and producers Hawker Siddeley, the current Harrier II having been designed by McDonald Douglas. A great aeroplane yes, but due to others and not a fighter.
As you can see BAe have never created a good fighter, but have helped, with other companies, to make them.

Member for

15 years 3 months

according to which criteria?

- If for selling vaporware I would give the golden medal to Lockheed Martin

- For building an excellent plane and screwing it up completely on the diplomatic and economical front I would vote for dassault

- for building a small plane, and selling it worldwide as part of a complete defence packet, Gripen is king

- for cheating and lying the prize goes to MIG

- For preparing the future I would give many points to Boeing

:D
You hit the nail spot on here drabslab.

I would add that:
-For breathing LM & Boeing in the neck and screwing up their plans for world market domination, Sukhoi/UAC is worth some points.:dev2:

Thanks