WORLD AIR FORCE ROUNDELS

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 7 months

Very interesting PEB. Thanks!

Member for

5 years 9 months

Thank you Gerard!

Another funny topic for today. After Italian armistice, Ragia Aeronautica aircraft were to have all fascists insignas erased. According to Pronto Model, this resulted in this kind of marking:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":3874166}[/ATTACH]

Only a black circle.

This seems to have been used from 28/7 to 21/9 1943.

I have yet to find photographs of aircraft weraing this "roundel"…

Attachments

Member for

14 years 7 months

never seen that before. Now we have to find a photo :D

Member for

5 years 9 months

never seen that before. Now we have to find a photo :D

Sure; considering the short timespan it might be tricky…

Member for

5 years 9 months

I am looking for old air force in Nicaragua; the oldest (and only pre-WW2) picture I have got is this Grumman Goblin with a very non-standard roundel:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874268}[/ATTACH]

Have you ever seen older photographs? Before 1936, Nicaragua was supposed to operate Ford Trimor, Curtiss Jenny and some WACO aircraft, but phtograph seem very scarce…

Attachments

Member for

14 years 7 months

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage_258379[1].png Views:\t0 Size:\t26.8 KB ID:\t3874274","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3874274","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage_258380.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t170.4 KB ID:\t3874275","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3874275","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

the picture in your post is the only one I know

Attachments

Member for

14 years 7 months

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874310}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874311}[/ATTACH]

India: Defence Research Development Organization

Attachments

Member for

5 years 9 months

These two ones, I tried really hard to find an original photograph - with no results!!! :mad::mad:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874447}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874448}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":3874449}[/ATTACH]

These profiles are taken from a decals sheet from Czech company DK Decals. The caption says: Hudson Mk.III, ASR Service, Norfolk Island/North Island, 1946-47.

I was unable to find anything about this post-war ASR service… :(

Please help!

Attachments

Member for

14 years 7 months

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874452}[/ATTACH]
this is the only picture I know off

Attachments

Member for

5 years 9 months

Gerard you're incredible... I have searched for such a pics for hours and hop! Here you are! :eagerness::eagerness:

Edit: I just discovered that you posted this very same pic in January last year with the caption.

By the way, the roundel is supposed to be an international standard for ASR aircraft, did you ever see this roundel on another aircrat of any nation, whatever the era???

Thanks again,

PEB

Member for

14 years 7 months

U R welcome PEB

And still am searching for more use of this roundel. I guess this is the only time it was on an aircraft.

Member for

5 years 9 months

Hello,

Just another marking I, cannot find a trace of: the frist reported German Air Force markings.

According to at least two sources, German aircraft in 1913-14 wore a black band on each wing as a nationality marking. Whereas thera are thousands of websites dealing with Luftwaffe, I couldn't find any site dealing with German air force in World War 1 (or before). Has anybody ever seen a photograph of a German aircraft with these black bands?

Member for

19 years 2 months

I have a photo of a Dominican Republic aircraft wearing the black/yellow SAR markings. It's in one of my Latin American aviation books by Dan Hagedorn. Will scan it and post it.

Member for

5 years 9 months

I have a photo of a Dominican Republic aircraft wearing the black/yellow SAR markings. It's in one of my Latin American aviation books by Dan Hagedorn. Will scan it and post it.

Interesting, gkozak!

By the way, in your latin American Air Force books, do you have any picture of prewar Nicaragua air force aircraft?

Member for

19 years 2 months

PEB, yes, I have a number of pictures of pre-war Nicaraguan aircraft.

Member for

5 years 9 months

PEB, yes, I have a number of pictures of pre-war Nicaraguan aircraft.

Sounds good! If you could post them I would be most grateful!

By the way, what book are they taken from?

Member for

5 years 9 months

Is it me or this new forum is total crap???
I find no way to track a specific topic (like this one), no way to send private messages…

Member for

14 years 7 months

And besides that , Pictures not visible not even a thumbnail.

Member for

24 years 2 months

You are correct. The forum software needs lots of work before it is usable.

The new format requires the user to be conversant in BBCode. A non user friendly throwback to 1998.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Really slow too.