Helicopter News & Discussion

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 2 months

I believe it to be one of two development aircraft.

Member for

15 years

Hi All, my first post on modern military, I usually frequent the historic bit. Anyway, my son is an apprentice at AgustaWestland. They have confirmed the loss of one prototype AW609 tilt rotor and the tragic loss of two pilots (which you already knew). The company is working with the authorities to determine the cause of the crash. If he gets more info from the company about the loss I will let you know. I'm sure all our thoughts are with the families of the two pilots at this difficult time.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Indeed many thanks for coming across with that information. I was astounded by the aircraft at this years Yeovilton Airday and I'm sure the loss is keenly fealt.

Member for

15 years

It is an awesome machine, incredible to see.

Member for

12 years 3 months

Airbus Wins US Army Order for UH-72 Lakota Helicopters.

Pentagon Contract Announcement

from february:

Airbus Defense and Space Inc., Herndon, Virginia, was awarded a $220,564,993 modification (P00882) to contract W58RGZ-06-C-0194 to procure forty-one 72A Lakota Helicopters to include forty-one Airborne Radio Communications 231 Radios. Fiscal 2015 other procurement funds in the amount of $220,564,993 were obligated at the time of the award. Estimated completion date is July 31, 2017. Work will be performed Columbus, Mississippi. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, is the contracting activity.

I understand that the today contract is for the Radio kits (41).

Source:
devense.gov

Member for

24 years 2 months

[ATTACH=CONFIG]241903[/ATTACH]

Czech Mi-17 recovered in Spain (Zaragoza) after a crash.

Attachments

Member for

12 years 3 months

Airbus helicopters has taken its in-development H160 twin-engined helicopter to a speed of 176kt (325km/h) during flight tests

the velocity was achieved during a slight descent*. [Benoit Terral, sales promotion manager at Dubai]

Also (strongly suspected but a news for me):

Le design extérieur du H160 a été initié au sein de l’équipe style de Peugeot Design Lab pour être ensuite repris, développé et finalisé par le bureau de design interne d’Airbus Helicopters. Les lignes fluides et dynamiques réinterprètent l’identité visuelle des hélicoptères de la gamme, et expriment le saut de génération incarné par le H160.
--------------Translation
The exterior design of the H160 was initiated within the Peugeot Design Lab team style then be resumed, developed and finalized by the internal design office Helicopters Airbus. Fluid and dynamic lines reinterpret the visual identity of the helicopters in the range, and express the generational leap embodied by the H160.

-------------original Text
« Le style initial proposé par Peugeot Design Lab nous a permis de définir une personnalité forte de la machine, qui symbolise parfaitement les valeurs d’innovation, de performance et d’émotion qui sont celles du H160. A partir de cette étude, nous avons pu développer un appareil dont l’identité exclusive a immédiatement attiré l’attention des opérateurs et du grand public. Le style est aujourd’hui au cœur des priorités du programme H160 dont le but est de marquer les esprits autant par sa personnalité unique que par sa performance » a déclaré Guillaume Chielens

-------------Translation
"The initial design proposed by Peugeot Design Lab allowed us to define a strong personality of the machine, which perfectly embodies the values of innovation, performance and emotion which are those of H160. From this study, we developed a device whose sole identity immediately attracted the attention of operators and the general public. The style is at the heart of the priorities of H160 program** whose goal is to score as many minds with its unique personality with his performance, "said Guillaume Chielens

------------Original Text
Avec la participation au design extérieur du H160, Peugeot Design Lab démontre sa capacité à concevoir des projets complexes et technologiques[...]. L’une de ses dernières réalisations est le Foodtruck PEUGEOT, Le Bistrot du Lion.

-------------Translation
With participation in the exterior design of the H160, Peugeot Design Lab demonstrates its ability to design complex and technology projects [...]. One of its recent achievements is the Foodtruck Peugeot, Le Bistrot du Lion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]241919[/ATTACH]

Source:
FlightGlobal.com
le dauphine.com

*From my mem, the Whiskey Cobra reaches 400kph in a dive
**:mad:

Attachments

Member for

17 years 3 months

[ATTACH=CONFIG]241903[/ATTACH]

Czech Mi-17 recovered in Spain (Zaragoza) after a crash.

Please, more photos of this Mi-171ŠM, it looks like it´s totaled!!! Not long time ago highly modernized and there is the end here now, ehhh