Military Aviation News

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 4 months

Anyone has heard any late development about this:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\thttps%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2Fmissile-top.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.2.1&s=4f8f560749c3d9e7876f590cf37060cb.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t316.6 KB ID:\t3870586","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3870586","data-size":"full","title":"https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2Fmissile-top.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.2.1&s=4f8f560749c3d9e7876f590cf37060cb.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

the only thing I can see via WWW is the last month announcement about the Italian police raid. I would have naively thought that this would be a bonanza story for any journalist.

Attachments

Member for

18 years 2 months

Another Indian Air Force Flanker bites the dust...

An Indian Air Force fighter jet crashed Thursday night in Assam. The air force jet that crashed was a Sukhoi Su-30. The Su-30 MKI fighter jet was on a routine training mission when it crashed in the paddy field in the Milanpur area and burst into flames at around 8:30 pm.

The two pilots flying the fighter safely ejected from the jet and were rescued. One of the pilots suffered injury in his leg, defence spokesperson Lt Col Harsh Wardhan Pande said.

A Court of Inquiry will investigate the cause of the crash, the Indian Air Force said.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/indian-air-force-sukhoi-su-30-crash-assam-tezpur-1578876-2019-08-08

Member for

12 years 4 months

You'd have to be seriously drunk to even want to fly a Tuc inside triple digit SAM range in anger.

​​​​

Member for

12 years 4 months

The No. 3 jet made momentary contact with the underside of No. 1′s outer wing during the Diamond 360 maneuver, a Navy spokeswoman told the News Journal.

Only a minimal scratch was found, according to the News Journal.

Blue Angels make contact midair

Member for

14 years 8 months

Blue Angels make contact midair

Just doing a Thunderbird move. ;) ;)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t905387.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t228.0 KB ID:\t3871132","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3871132","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t905388.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t306.1 KB ID:\t3871133","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3871133","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

12 years 2 months

You'd have to be seriously drunk to even want to fly a Tuc inside triple digit SAM range in anger.

​​​​

talking from experience?

Member for

13 years 6 months

Yes I am, old pseudo from long time ago and don't wanna create a new account. Not posting here often as English is not my mother tongue ;-)

I know -SMT from Kursk being replaced by brand new Su-30SM but it doesn't mean (not saying it won't happen, BTW) that these ones are leaving VKS for good. Anyway, they're a few Vanilla MiG-29 still needing to be replaced in the VKS... -SMT can be a stopgap measure before a definitive leave.

21 almost/near completed frames still standing in Lukhovitsy is not so shocking: MiG-29 production was in full swing when USSR disappeared. When you see how big MiG factory is and the annual output they had, the amount of unfinished planes is not so surprising.

#My2Cent

Ah I see. I peruse your blog sometimes, your English is fine :) .
I see you got a kick out of the "Su-57" is cancelled rage that was sweeping Western media sources too lol.

Yes, I agree, nothing is certain. Especially since even newer batch of 16(or is it 18) 9.19s were delivered just a few years back, and there is no talk of dumping them, so selling off barely decade old ex-Algerians would not achieve any fleet streamlining.

However IIRC ever since being replaced @ Kursk, the SMTs were grounded and awaiting overhaul, so theory is they are waiting on Indians to decide.

Member for

18 years 7 months

I see you got a kick out of the "Su-57" is cancelled rage that was sweeping Western media sources too lol.

Not really a kick, but I like to put things straight. And sometimes I got fed up reading the same baseless BS again and again.

Like with the Kuzya and all the rumoured "Major russian failures" which aren't; not saying russians don't make mystakes, they do like the rest of the world (and sometimes these are funny to watch mystakes) but if I had a penny each and everytime someone wrote "they can't afford this aircraft and that MBT" I'll be wealthy enough to buy Greenland by now ;-)

But, everyone is entitled to his own opinion.