RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 6 months

Another option is if Russia would deploy Su-30SM's to its airbase in Armenia, but there has been no such indication (and it would obviously belong to Russia, not Armenia).

As for the credit to be received by Armenia, I don't know how that would be enough to fit Iskander, Su-30SM, transport aircraft and bunch of other things. The supposed acquisition of Iskander is a rumour few years old btw, the same Armenian media claimed that they even were in the posession of Armenian armed forces back then (and later Russian base, which was also false).

Member for

12 years 6 months

Alejandro, in your blog you have written that Armenia will receive a 500 million USD credit from Russia for arms acquisitions. I don't know where that figures comes from, but it's 200 million USD. A quick google search would show you that.

The 500 million is a typo. I will correct it later thanks. I usually give sources at the end of the article. I am not surprised about the Su-30SM being removed from the article. Nowadays you have to be cautious with information as it flows very fast.

Member for

10 years 11 months

Member for

10 years 5 months

R-77/RVV-AE spotted (0:16).

Member for

15 years 10 months

Oh, my body wasn't ready for that.

I'm in love.

Member for

13 years 5 months

Oh, my body wasn't ready for that.

I'm in love.

Rogozin bless.

Member for

13 years 5 months

Su-34- movable center console @ :10 :D .

Member for

13 years 5 months

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160205/1370342560.html

So, confirmation of Egypt? Or Algeria is back in the MiG fray? MiG says they got a large contract for 50+ MiG-29/M2 planes with a North African country, payments have already started and the first two birds will be delivered this year....

Member for

14 years 1 month

Algeria definitely not.. They have ordered Su-34s recently, but I guess they are over with any MiG-29s.
Egypt sounds about right...

Member for

12 years 4 months

That is sweet. I was wondering if they had to like jump over it somehow when entering and getting seated.

Member for

13 years 5 months

MiG explicitly said they signed no contract with Egypt just a few months ago, and now are being pretty open about a contract for 50+ planes (Egypt was reported as 46).

Of course that doesn't exclude this simply being the Egypt deal going through.

Member for

12 years 4 months

It is much smaller leap of faith that the reported figure (46) was either wrong or has been adjusted since over that there was some mega secret deal done with Algeria for 50+ MiG-29M/M2's.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Right.. and we can safely rule out Libya, Morocco and Tunisia..

Member for

13 years 5 months

Yes, but I don't think Algeria buying MiG-29s is an out of this world proposition either.

I mean, if I had to bet I'd say Egypt too.
Oh well, so much for Egypt saying no thank you to Russia ;) .

Also this hopefully means MiG will catch up to Irkut and others in terms of modern production means. I want to see some smooth production quality, if only for vanity.

EDIT2: If only Zhuk-AE was actually ready...

Member for

16 years 5 months

Great News for MiG. :applause: That's a big contract for them.

So were the MiG-29M we saw being built last year for this contract? It sounds like it if they were going to be delivering the first two this year.

If this fighters are meant for Egypt or Algeria then why did they decide to go without refuelling probes? :confused:

Member for

20 years 4 months

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160205/1370354093.html

""Last year in March signed a state contract on development activities (R & D) on the MiG-35 to conclude a series of contract with the start of delivery in 2017. At the moment (serial) contract is under negotiation, we expect its signing until the end of 2016 ... The plan we put that shipment of the first two aircraft is already within a serial contract until the end of 2017 ", - said Beskibalov.

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160205/1370342560.html

"Rosoboronexport has signed the largest contract in the history of military-technical cooperation, on which we have to put more than 50 MiG-29M / M2 ... It loads the power of our combined businesses and Lukhovitsy, and Nizhny Novgorod until 2020," - he said, adding The contract was signed in April 2015, and the customer - one of the countries of North Africa.

"While the date is one - in 2018 the first aircraft to take off from Tashkent touched," - said Karezin on Friday at the end of October last year, the chief designer. "Aviation Complex. SV Ilyushin "Nikolai Talikov reported that the first IL-114 can be created based on the airframe of the Tashkent aircraft manufacturing plant, which has five unrealized gliders.

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160205/1370319526.html

The first Il-114 is to be issued by the "Falcon" in 2018

http://ria.ru/economy/20160205/1370294628.html

"If we talk about the ship's fighter, the last year we have carried out full state contract - delivered 24 aircraft for the" Admiral Kuznetsov "This year will deliver six more ship-based aircraft for our Indian partners.", - Said Beskibalov, responding to a question about plans for the production of naval fighter.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Tests of updated Il-86VKP doomsday plane

[ATTACH=CONFIG]243844[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]243845[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]243846[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

13 years 5 months

SR-10, first flight. Interesting little plane.