RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 3 months

Su-27 being used as a testbed for R-77s? Those launch rails look similar...

This is Su-27SM, which is R-77 capable.

Member for

15 years 10 months

This is Su-27SM, which is R-77 capable.

Thanks

Now... do we think the R-77 is actually in service with the RuAF? What's taken so long? The missile seems to be in a perpetual state of development, testing, or hiding.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Not the R-77 but the RVV-SD. The initial number was quite low, I think only 150 or so.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Not the R-77 but the RVV-SD. The initial number was quite low, I think only 150 or so.

The Idz 170-1 or R-77-1 is in VKS service in a small numbers. But it will replace older R-77 variant as time goes by.
You can be damn sure that newer units like Su-35S will get these, and Mig-31BM ofcourse.

That improves range up to 110km.

While its not up to AIM-120D model or Meteor, its nevertheless a missile with a bang and good enough for operating in Syria.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Not Russia news, but Belarus

Bella ! Russia !!

Sorry - I'll get my coat.

Ken

Member for

12 years 7 months

The Idz 170-1 or R-77-1 is in VKS service in a small numbers. But it will replace older R-77 variant as time goes by.
You can be damn sure that newer units like Su-35S will get these, and Mig-31BM ofcourse.

That improves range up to 110km.

While its not up to AIM-120D model or Meteor, its nevertheless a missile with a bang and good enough for operating in Syria.

that 110km range is for export.

Member for

12 years 6 months

Not Russia news, but Belarus is getting a smaller number of Su-30SM to replace Mig-29 and older units.

I am surprised by the choice because Belarus is not a large country, thus I was expecting the MiG-35 to be a more suitable candidate. Su-30 seems to be taaking over Fulcrum's market. Armenia was also interested in Su-30...

Member for

15 years 3 months

The Su-30SM is cheap and a good enough. And why wait for Mig-35?

Member for

15 years 3 months

that 110km range is for export.

Certainly not.
Now go away u troll

Member for

13 years 7 months

I am surprised by the choice because Belarus is not a large country, thus I was expecting the MiG-35 to be a more suitable candidate. Su-30 seems to be taaking over Fulcrum's market. Armenia was also interested in Su-30...

It's because Flanker is the new Black.

The real troublesome feature in Mig-29/35 is the narrow gap in acquisition and service costs compared to the Flanker's family.

MiG really need a new clean sheet design, based on a single engine configuration, good range and multirole capabilities, and a set of features keeping costs lower enough than a Flanker's ones.

Unfortunately doesn't seem plausible nowadays somebody would sign the Bill.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Mig could design an F-35 analogue for Russia and export markets. Single engine, no STOVL version, something with similar capability to the DAS, and LO/VLO characteristics.

...the F-35 done the right way, call it the молния.

Member for

9 years 10 months

The real troublesome feature in Mig-29/35 is the narrow gap in acquisition and service costs compared to the Flanker's family.

I don't deny what you're saying, but in this particular case it's interesting that they operated both Flankers and Fulcrums after the dissolution of USSR and then decided to withdraw the Flankers a few years ago IIRC.

Member for

12 years 7 months

[

Certainly not.
Now go away u troll

certainly yes.

Member for

13 years 5 months

Mig could design an F-35 analogue for Russia and export markets. Single engine, no STOVL version, something with similar capability to the DAS, and LO/VLO characteristics.

...the F-35 done the right way, call it the молния.

Unless the RuAF is paying for and buying a single engine VLO fighter (it has shown no inclination towards this direction) this is impossible and pointless IMO.

Member for

20 years 4 months

Mig Future atleast the state funded part in recent article on Mig in Air International are the 5T UCAV program and PAK-DP , Also as they have aquired Sokol Factory recently the IL-112 will be manufactured and they will be in transport business.

Mig protolio as per the article is ~ $4 billion till end of 2015 that and they have order books till 2023 comes to around $500 million per year in 2015 they sold around 100 Mig-29 of different version for export and RuAF , biggest one is the Egypt deal for Mig-35

Any single engine program is non existent as state funded program and LMFS is probably a dead program

Member for

12 years 6 months

Yes, Su-30SM/MKI are serving in huge numbers. There aren't that many MiG-35 around, but many components should be similar to MiG-29K. Maybe the production line is quite busy as contracts have been signed with Russian and Egypt, thus other countries would have to wait longer.

Serbia is likely to be the next customer for the MiG-35.

Member for

9 years 10 months

Serbia is likely to be the next customer for the MiG-35.

Unless they get them for free, somehow I doubt that.

Member for

12 years 6 months

@a89

Alejandro, in your blog you have written that Armenia will receive a 500 million USD credit from Russia for arms acquisitions. I don't know where that figures comes from, but it's 200 million USD. A quick google search would show you that.

As for Su-30, the Armenian website which mentioned it in their article later removed the part about Su-30, but that of course didn't prevent it from being mentioned in other websites. But at this point it's not even a rumour.