RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 1 month

Is there any good pictures available for the MiG-35 cockpit? The HUD and large panel MFD looks unified with the Su-57 which was a good move and which they should have done much much earlier.

Member for

8 years 6 months

I'd somehow missed this unit until now. But I don't think the radar is crammed inside to give a false impression, the unit as such is compact - both the front and the rear end compared to the earlier displayed model. You can guesstimate the depth of this radar unit from the side view of radome I posted earlier.

I think it's because the team's poor job in building the model. Thus one cant really judge the depth of the radar based on that full scale mockup. Plus The mockup have no Inflight refuelling probe apparently. Thus the team building it might think the radar can go deeper without counting any possible space for the probe's hydraulics or other related machineries or treatment for Radome RCS.

Member for

12 years 5 months

Has MiG said anything about improvements on handling form the previous mig-29 models. The initial mig-29 can pull some crazy high pitch rates and high alpha when going above the limiter. Makes me feel that a new fly by wire system could had taken the mig-35 and KUB to the next level, but most displays shown already look very thame.

Member for

6 years 10 months

What improvements the Mig-45 have is on Sustainability(mission range), and BVR capability.
Improved Attack capability.
You cannot expect the Mig-35 to handle like the Mig-29A when its gross empty weight is x tons heavier.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Still have to search for the last page on each thread i see.. Thought they would have fixed it by now?

Anyway, i have just witness the craziest 180 Non-ballistic turn EVAH!
From of KHMedia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vTUkLrxPfw

It starts around 02:10
Enjoy!

Member for

6 years 1 month

Nice video, that should be close to 90 deg/s, and still the F-35 fandom is loosing their s... over the so called "Dojo drift" with some 45 deg/s, at high speed of course, to get the control surfaces working in absence of TVC...

Member for

13 years 6 months

Great vid. I love watching all the control surface movement - it is flying art.

Member for

4 years 5 months

stealthflanker said

I think it's because the team's poor job in building the model. Thus one cant really judge the depth of the radar based on that full scale mockup. Plus The mockup have no Inflight refuelling probe apparently. Thus the team building it might think the radar can go deeper without counting any possible space for the probe's hydraulics or other related machineries or treatment for Radome RCS.

That's just a bunch of assumptions on your part. You are looking at these pictures and assuming you know more about the Mig 35 than the people who were tasked with readying this jet for the show. 

Member for

24 years 2 months

It appears that the missile was launched from a "trapeze" mounted rail which was extended from the shoulder bay.