UFOs and military aviation

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 10 months

Look you got to think these guys lie just because of their choice of words (which is evidence enough in my mind).

But if you're too thick to figure that out, then wonder why the media would actually propagate the truth for once? That doesn't make any sense.

Member for

14 years 2 months

The AFM article links aicraft that the Iranians have experience of, with the ones we are being shown by the US.

The Iranian thinking on the subject is quite detailed and technical, down to the possible reasons why the aircraft/UFO effects their communications and equipment.

It wouldnt be the first time that there has been a suspicion of someone in the US testing kit against friendly forces ( US carrier groups in this case) and it wouldn't be the first time US agencies have been happy to feed talk of Aliens to mask systems they are testing.

Member for

8 years 10 months

Lived in San Diego all my life and never seen UFO style arial phenomenon above the military bases but when i was a kid around the 04-05 my dad took me to Catalina Island on his boat, about 8 miles northwest of Camp Pendleton we saw a bunch of weird lights/orbs just above the horizon. San Diego is not a UFO hotspot unlike LA.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Less golden brown in San Diego than in LA?

Member for

8 years 10 months

Apples and oranges when comparing LA to San Diego. LA is pretty much a third world country and luckily for us illegals go to LA and not San Diego.

Member for

19 years 2 months

If one performs even a cursory review of the most compelling cases, and one is not a total blithering idiot, one must conclude that there are vehicles in our skies whose technology far surpasses ours. Where they come from is unknown, but even a total moron must conclude that there is something to this whole mess.

Member for

14 years 2 months

A balloon catching the sun?

Great camera work:rolleyes: (the one thing that unites all UFO footage, whether its from the USN or the public.

Member for

14 years 3 months

well, if you stay beyond the first half of the video, you can see some quite good close up pics. and I still wonder what it can be. Some captions from it:

First one clear is like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]257914[/ATTACH]

then you get this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]257915[/ATTACH]

and in the end this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]257916[/ATTACH]

any ideas?

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

It's a balloon, no question in my mind.

Member for

11 years 1 month

Mylar balloon of course.
P.S. No wonder why the MoD never bothers to comment on ex Junior Clerical Officer (i.e Clerk) Nick Pope's pronouncements.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Assuming that UFO’s are solid objects and zip around our atmosphere at phenomenal speeds as many believe how is it that we are not hearing sonic booms all the time?

Member for

14 years 2 months

One of the issues with UFO discussion is YouTube.

There is soooo much junk on youtube saying it is one thing, and actually depicting something else, or being something obvious like birds or balloons or rocket launches.

Then there is CGI.

If I were an alien travelling light-years to visit earth, I wouldn't be concerned with sonic boom mitigation or RCS/IR reduction techniques. However, most of the convincing UFO reports of the last 30 years exhibit features which suggest they are designed to evade/confuse contemporary perception, defences and sensors.

Member for

12 years 3 months

Exactly. Just like there are to my knowledge none Land rover with MHD noise suppressor and radar stealth gimmick on any Safari tour...

:D

Member for

15 years 9 months

The "Nimitz UFO" incidence now seems pretty clear to me.

the objects were observed by radar, visually, and in the IR spectrum. Some other key words:

"stealth", "EA", "rapid acceleration", "new technology".

Does not sound like Venus or a weather balloon. However, it's not ETs either...

That leaves (IMHO) only one possible explanation. This is further supported by the Iran "UFO" reports.

Member for

15 years 9 months

A more comprehensive report on the Nimitz incidence has surfaced:

http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/21000/highly-detailed-report-on-harrowing-encounter-between-f-a-18s-and-ufo-off-baja-surfaces?source=dam&__twitter_impression=true

Also, just a quick reminder about the Iran story:

https://airforcesmonthly.keypublishing.com/2017/12/18/iran-ufo-reports-revealed/