Rafale 2018 Thread: Europe's best Eurocanard

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 2 months

What I find intersting is that RT and Sputnik are relating this event. It shows that Russia has a clear focus on the rafale to relate stories like that. I am often amazed by their speed to pick even some relatively minor event...Sometimes even faster than some French local media !

Member for

12 years 4 months

Maybe it's because the Russian media are very much infiltrated in the Fr Press. :rolleyes:

I choose to post for once the RT news brief because it was the one that day that gave more details about the "age of the captain". Don't see trough further than that.

Member for

13 years 6 months

What I find intersting is that RT and Sputnik are relating this event. It shows that Russia has a clear focus on the rafale to relate stories like that. I am often amazed by their speed to pick even some relatively minor event...Sometimes even faster than some French local media !

I mean a Russian defense official says "We are waiting for the final engine and are in no rush to induct the Su-57" and the entire Western press spergs out about how the Su-57 is cancelled for the next 6 months.

People like clickbaity stuff.

I mean a Russian defense official says "We are waiting for the final engine and are in no rush to induct the Su-57" and the entire Western press spergs out about how the Su-57 is cancelled for the next 6 months.

People like clickbaity stuff.

Keep drinking the Russian Cool Aid......:p

Member for

11 years 6 months

I have been looking for updates on the AESA retrofit for the current RAFALE fleet but couldn't get to any source, nor find much information.
Is any of the (French) Rafale experts aware of any such links. I understand that current numbers for RAFALE in French service are 143 operational/delivered + 28 scheduled for delivery of which the last 60 were to be delivered with AESA, so that as of today France has 23 to 32 equipped with AESA with 28 coming until 2023 already signed and 30 more expected to come by 2030.
Is that correct? As I say I couldn't find links on broader upgrades. Thnks in advance.

Member for

12 years 2 months

As far as 60 AESA were ordered, you must be close to the truth.

Member for

20 years

I have been looking for updates on the AESA retrofit for the current RAFALE fleet but couldn't get to any source, nor find much information.
Is any of the (French) Rafale experts aware of any such links. I understand that current numbers for RAFALE in French service are 143 operational/delivered + 28 scheduled for delivery of which the last 60 were to be delivered with AESA, so that as of today France has 23 to 32 equipped with AESA with 28 coming until 2023 already signed and 30 more expected to come by 2030.
Is that correct? As I say I couldn't find links on broader upgrades. Thnks in advance.

AFAIK, at least 32 Rafale have got an AESA so far
Also possibly the Rafale M30 which is the first that was retrofited to the F3R standard last December.

Also, all 147 Rafale currently in service in French forces have been retrofited to the F3-4+ standard meaning that they are all AESA compatible.

Member for

12 years 4 months

does this include the Navy Rafale? I can't remember this. Thanks.

Member for

12 years 2 months

NEw (M30)ones yes. Anyway, the antenna can perfectly be retrofitted within 2 hours. Exchange of antennas certainly happened.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Link does not work for me :(

Member for

12 years 2 months

Edited image is deleted due to sensitivity of data.

Member for

12 years 4 months

Gandhi is a politician with far more on hands than the Dassault's Rafale from France. Dassaults on the other hand are industry captains with a large media ownership. If something was not copied 5 on 5, the blame would certainly not be on a politician passionated for his country. *

*Feel free to copy pas for official statement!

Member for

14 years 3 months

Gandhi is a politician with far more on hands than the Dassault's Rafale from France. Dassaults on the other hand are industry captains with a large media ownership. If something was not copied 5 on 5, the blame would certainly not be on a politician passionated for his country. *

*Feel free to copy pas for official statement!

or simply passionate for power?

Member for

13 years 4 months

Desperate for power. Scion of a political dynasty and president of a party that believes that just being born to the Nehru-Indira Gandhi family (which has no relation to Mahatma Gandhi whatsoever) gives him the birth right to rule India.

Basically a half retard. He's a puppet and the strings are pulled by various other people in the Congress party.

Member for

12 years 4 months

Desperate for power. Scion of a political dynasty and president of a party that believes that just being born to the Nehru-Indira Gandhi family (which has no relation to Mahatma Gandhi whatsoever) gives him the birth right to rule India.

Basically a half retard. He's a puppet and the strings are pulled by various other people in the Congress party.

if that was an answer to the short line I made about idealism, I was not qualifying someone nominally but about the someone that took defense matter on the public stage. Whoever he is doesn't matter much here.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Are the Egyptian Rafales equipped with AESA, do we think? Or do we (should we) know the answer?

Member for

12 years 2 months

They are. Nt more PESA radars were produced since signature. They are basically F3R standard.