Rafale 2018 Thread: Europe's best Eurocanard

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 1 month

Rafale arrived in switzerland for eval. Interesting to notice that one of them is bearing a sniper pod and HMJ (Targo II)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"ob_3fdc94_dq01-3.jpg","data-attachmentid":3862570}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

12 years 3 months

Rafale arrived in switzerland for eval. Interesting to notice that one of them is bearing a sniper pod and HMJ (Targo II)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tob_3fdc94_dq01-3.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t169.7 KB ID:\t3862570","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3862570","data-size":"full","title":"ob_3fdc94_dq01-3.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

That is a stock picture, not from Swiss arrival. Look back on Qatar Targo II news. Same picture.

Member for

12 years 3 months

mon Dieu! Your a subscriber to Defense-Aerospace? Halloweene, you disappoint me.

Member for

12 years 1 month

This is defens'aero not defense-aerospace.

Here is the original picture

check at 0.41

Member for

13 years 1 month

first time I see the sniper pod on the rafale. True there is the TARGO II as well.

Member for

12 years 1 month

several antennas above the chine also.

Member for

12 years 3 months

[I]AF team to visit France to probe possible data theft during Rafale office break-in

The Rafale team sits in a building complex in Saint Cloud suburb of Paris and the police there is investigating the case.

Sources said the main aim of the break-in could have been to steal data as valuables or money are not kept in these administrative offices.

The Indian Rafale team office is in the vicinity of French Dassault Aviation office blocks.

Source:
Business Standart.com

Member for

24 years 2 months

I hope DA's intellectual property were not compromised.

The value of a strictly enforced paperless workplace is all critical data is stored on the network drives that are located in vaults which are manned 24/7/365. There are no paper documents to steal.

Member for

15 years 2 months

"paperless office" does not mean much if you allow stupid stuff to still occur.

CAse in point, a brand new VA facility in Florida was viewing a demo from our company who currently hosts major health system's data every day (no name dropping but #1 for-profit HC system, #1 non-profit HC System, etc). The feds have been staunchly opposed to us hosting their data (in the "cloud") and insist on hosting their own data, which we fully support.

In the middle of the demo, someone in another building uses a USB stick from home on their work PC.

Two days later the local network comes back online.

How the F can Governmental computers be built with functional USB sticks and DVD drives, especially after Stuxnet? Even our sales force laptops, owners, lead devs, etc cannot attach a USB stick or access the DVD drive in order to severely limit how data comes into our system.

Member for

13 years 5 months

several antennas above the chine also.

Wonder how she flies with all the non-jettisonable crap hanging off her?

Member for

12 years 1 month

Wonder how she flies with all the non-jettisonable crap hanging off her?

Easy. Much bette rthan F-35, faster and with a 11g limit. Sorry for your flying turtle. PS they also have a satcom, what about F-35, they need a pod?

Member for

12 years 1 month

"paperless office" does not mean much if you allow stupid stuff to still occur.

CAse in point, a brand new VA facility in Florida was viewing a demo from our company who currently hosts major health system's data every day (no name dropping but #1 for-profit HC system, #1 non-profit HC System, etc). The feds have been staunchly opposed to us hosting their data (in the "cloud") and insist on hosting their own data, which we fully support.

In the middle of the demo, someone in another building uses a USB stick from home on their work PC.

Two days later the local network comes back online.

How the F can Governmental computers be built with functional USB sticks and DVD drives, especially after Stuxnet? Even our sales force laptops, owners, lead devs, etc cannot attach a USB stick or access the DVD drive in order to severely limit how data comes into our system.

Considering your abysmal ignorance of french procedure, i will not answer. I wouldn't to a worm either, do not feel vexed. 5relmeber the PROVEN terabytes of info stolen about F-35?)

PS these are DAssault cmputers, not gov. You know, the company that make the software used to build the puffin like "plane"?

Member for

15 years 2 months

halloweene, I think you missed my point....

My example was showing that a private contractor had better Computer Security procedures in place than the Gov.

FFS, Turn on your spellcheck.

To answer your other question, SATCOM comes to the F-35 in Block 4.

Member for

5 years 10 months

Now let's be fair to him. He writes English better than I can write French.

Member for

12 years 3 months

Before that, in 2015 we had the loss of a truck full of Rafale engine parts (in Fr):
https://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/...-rafale-939216
Probably that somewhere an obscure Rafale Fan is crafting is own replica ;)

Regarding the incident targeting the IAF's Rafale program, this what the French press from Paris (where stands the site hit by the robbery) was reporting last week:

L’avionneur Dassault à Saint-Cloud a été la cible d’un cambriolage le week-end dernier. Les voleurs ont pénétré dans des bureaux attenants au siège du groupe mais séparés du bâtiment principal, dans la nuit de samedi à dimanche. Ces locaux ont été mis à disposition par Dassault pour l’équipe indienne traitant le contrat d’exportation du Rafale.

Une information révélée par la presse indienne et citée par le quotidien Le Monde : « Il y a eu une intrusion dans le bureau de l’équipe de projet de l’armée de l’air indienne. Aucun disque dur ou document n’a été volé. Nous vérifions certains détails pour éclaircir les motivations », avait fait savoir une source militaire à l’agence de presse Asian News International (ANI).

Selon nos informations, de fortes sommes d’argent ont été dérobées et des coffres-forts dégradés. Mais les enquêteurs privilégieraient pour l’heure la piste crapuleuse. Ni la direction, ni les services de renseignement n’envisageraient un acte d’espionnage.
------------------------------------------

The aircraft manufacturer Dassault in Saint-Cloud was the target of a robbery last weekend. The thieves entered the offices at the group's head office but separated the main building in the night of Saturday to Sunday. These premises were made available by Dassault for the Indian team of the Rafale export contract.

Information revealed by the Indian press and the daily Le Monde: "Intrusion in the office of the project team of the Indian Air Force. No disc was stolen. We check some details to clarify the motivations, "a military source told the news agency Asian News International (ANI).

According to our information, large sums of money have been disbursed and vaults degraded. But the investigators would privilege for now the villainous track. Neither the management nor the intelligence services would consider an act of espionage.

Source:
Le Parisien.fr

Member for

12 years 1 month

halloweene, I think you missed my point....

My example was showing that a private contractor had better Computer Security procedures in place than the Gov.

To answer your other question, SATCOM comes to the F-35 in Block 4.

in that case i apologize. For the sake of your info, defense conmputers have inhibited USB ports etc.

Mant things are comimn with block4, aswell as with Rafale F4 (including doftware defined radion called ERS-B already mounted on B301 so as to demonstrate fast datalink netwroking) etc.
Swiss will tell.

Member for

12 years 3 months

Swiss will tell.

That I heartily disagree with. I'd be surprised if the contents of the eval leak this time. Perhaps we will get a summary of the decision making process post selection. By your logic, had the scores of the previous competition not leaked would it have been valid to weigh the merits of the Gripen vis a vis the Typhoon & Rafale based on it's selection? I'm of (have maintained from the beginning) that the F-35 is somewhat of a long shot to be selected by the Swiss. I STILL think the Rafale is the most likely choice and none of that is based on the relative merits of either aircraft, cost, or industrial participation per se.

Member for

12 years 1 month

No competition will ever tell the whole truth. Industrial, operational and political needs are so different from every country. i sometimes gate heated due to what i perceive as fanboyism . There is othing such as a perfect weapon platform.

Member for

13 years 5 months

Easy. Much bette rthan F-35, faster and with a 11g limit. Sorry for your flying turtle. PS they also have a satcom, what about F-35, they need a pod?

Glad it can fly faster, should help when it needs to run away.

F-35 just needs a network containing a satcom node which it most certainly has. Hell it could just stealth relay a message back to Rafales loitering (read: hiding) way outside the AO to do the satcom links for it.

It's not like Rafales are going to be needed for any real combat role anyway when there's F-35s in theatre, not for the first week or so. Rafales can play once the far more capable aircraft which aren't already obsolete kick the door down for them.

Member for

13 years 5 months

in that case i apologize. For the sake of your info, defense conmputers have inhibited USB ports etc.

Mant things are comimn with block4, aswell as with Rafale F4 (including doftware defined radion called ERS-B already mounted on B301 so as to demonstrate fast datalink netwroking) etc.
Swiss will tell.

That's Enterprise security 101.