Pictures of downed f117, f16... at NATO attack on Yugoslavia (Serbia and Monten.)1999

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 4 months

here is a link that you can visit and see it for your self
galery

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

do u know where these pics were taken

Member for

19 years 9 months

What was the serial of Scott O'Grady's F-16 that was lost over Bosnia well before the '99 war?

Member for

19 years 7 months

What was the serial of Scott O'Grady's F-16 that was lost over Bosnia well before the '99 war?

Yes. No other F-16 was lost on the Balkan

Member for

24 years 2 months

It is the F-117 and the O´Grady F-16.

A part of a HARM, and some UAVs.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Those are not remains of O'Grady's F-16 but of F-16 shot down near town of Sabac.

Member for

19 years 7 months

Those are not remains of O'Grady's F-16 but of F-16 shot down near town of Sabac.

:confused: When?

btw: is that a german UAV behind the predator?

Member for

19 years 4 months

those pics are taken 12.08.2004. in aviation musem at Belgrade airport
if you are interested there is many pitctures to see from that day all you have to do is to go to the link shown at the bottom of my post
there is not only pitctures of nato loses there is many more so enjoy ;)
go to the galery ... after entering the site ...

http://www.geocities.com/jkrv_102nd_yu_sqn

Member for

19 years 4 months

oh yes there were other loses but ....
wait some years and we all hope that Pentagon will tell about there loses in balkans
just be patient ...

Member for

24 years 2 months

:confused: When?

btw: is that a german UAV behind the predator?

The F-16 remains in the museum is 88-0550. This was an F-16CG that suffered engine problems after a SAM detonated near to it over Serbia, 2 May 1999. The pilot nearly managed to nurse it out into Bosnia. He ejected and was rescued within Serbia by a CSAR team.

http://www.sharpshooter-maj.com/Images/unit03/f1688550.jpg

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/04/26/shootdown.video/

http://www.1stguns.de/support/f_16_hit_serbia.mp3

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carl.hender/files/audio/hammer-trans.htm

The UAV is a French Crecerelle.

TJ

Member for

24 years 2 months

wait some years and we all hope that Pentagon will tell about there loses in balkans
just be patient ...

Please get real. The only manned aircraft losses were the F-117A and the F-16CG. No other manned aircraft was lost to enemy action. Why just the Pentagon? Are you aware of how many nations flew manned combat missions over Serbia? Don't fall for the ghost writing propaganda of the then Yugoslav Ministry of Information. They ended up re-writing the combat reports of the 127 lae with claims of air-to-air kills when in fact no Yugoslav pilot made any claims whatsoever. What did they do - secretly re-open the production lines to replace the aircraft lost?

TJ

Member for

20 years 7 months

Very interesting pictures!

Member for

20 years 7 months

You see the 555 FS on the tail? That's not a serial number but the squadron number. The 555th is O'Grady's unit so that is certainly O'Grady's plane unless the 555 FS lost another (unlikely.)

The "Triple Nickel" is actually a very famous formation in the USAF and included ace Robin Olds who had 4 kills in Vietnam (ace status with 12 kills in WWII.)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Correct on the 555 being the squadron number (hence 555 FS). The AV is also the tailcode for Aviano AB in Italy.

just be patient ...

Prove it.

Without using the following: www.aeronautics.ru

Member for

24 years 2 months

You see the 555 FS on the tail? That's not a serial number but the squadron number. The 555th is O'Grady's unit so that is certainly O'Grady's plane unless the 555 FS lost another

Nope, both F-16s lost by the USAF over former Yugoslavia were with the Triple Nickles. The F-16 wrecked by Scott O'Grady and a SA-6 missile was 89-2032/AV, indeed of the 555FS/31FW. This was during Deny Flight over Bosnia.

The tail on display in the Belgrade museum is that of 88-0550/AV which was shot down during Allied Force.

Member for

24 years 2 months

You see the 555 FS on the tail? That's not a serial number but the squadron number. The 555th is O'Grady's unit so that is certainly O'Grady's plane unless the 555 FS lost another (unlikely.)

The "Triple Nickel" is actually a very famous formation in the USAF and included ace Robin Olds who had 4 kills in Vietnam (ace status with 12 kills in WWII.)

O'Grady's aircraft was not found until 2000. If you look at the 8th image posted you will see the '88' of 88-0550. You will also see in the images posted a poster showing 88-0550 with the Eagle on the tail.

88-0550 was the flag ship of the Triple Nickels as you can see in the following image:

http://www.sharpshooter-maj.com/Images/unit03/f1688550.jpg

Links for the finding of O'Grady's aircraft:

http://www.usafe.af.mil/news/news00/uns00142.htm

http://www.scribevision.com/49adtalon/tal051300/articles/O'Grady's%20F-…

http://www.nato.int/sfor/advisory/2000/t000428a.htm

TJ

Member for

20 years 7 months

Yep, I didn't research the records first. I had assumed that O'Grady's was the only one lost from the 555 and was posting off the top of my head.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Please get real. The only manned aircraft losses were the F-117A and the F-16CG. No other manned aircraft was lost to enemy action. Why just the Pentagon? Are you aware of how many nations flew manned combat missions over Serbia? Don't fall for the ghost writing propaganda of the then Yugoslav Ministry of Information. They ended up re-writing the combat reports of the 127 lae with claims of air-to-air kills when in fact no Yugoslav pilot made any claims whatsoever. What did they do - secretly re-open the production lines to replace the aircraft lost?

TJ

i was there you were not so .... end of that, i saw what you can only dream and woke up all wet, so ... pictures talk more than 1000 word, can I just remind you that "someone claim over 200 tanks killed at Kosovo but only 15 were found and half of that were fake...
so do not tell me about propaganda please
I told You to wait and they will tell but it will not be so soon ...
Lets stay with Facts, You see that mig were kiled near Tuzla, but did You heard something about airstrike from Yugoslavia to that location in Bosnia during 1999 ...
and one more thing what production lines are You talking about, first several day they killed almost everything that could be used for production of some wepons, we could not produce aircraft Years ahead, and Tanks only in Former Yugoslavia could be made, becouse factories were all scaterd all over the ex Country we lived in, bu ammuniton and light arms we had and have ... but this is the fact. /sorry for my bad english but i Hope You all understand what i had to say :D )

Member for

24 years 2 months

i was there you were not so .... end of that, i saw what you can only dream and woke up all wet, so ... pictures talk more than 1000 word, can I just remind you that "someone claim over 200 tanks killed at Kosovo but only 15 were found and half of that were fake...
so do not tell me about propaganda please
I told You to wait and they will tell but it will not be so soon ...
Lets stay with Facts, You see that mig were kiled near Tuzla, but did You heard something about airstrike from Yugoslavia to that location in Bosnia during 1999 ...
and one more thing what production lines are You talking about, first several day they killed almost everything that could be used for production of some wepons, we could not produce aircraft Years ahead, and Tanks only in Former Yugoslavia could be made, becouse factories were all scaterd all over the ex Country we lived in, bu ammuniton and light arms we had and have ... but this is the fact. /sorry for my bad english but i Hope You all understand what i had to say :D )

Hey, we don't want to hear about tanks. We want you to tell us about all the B-52s, B-2s, German Phantoms and Turkish F-5s shot down!!! And pictures! And not from Venik! :diablo:

Member for

20 years 1 month

Mwolf,dont make fool out of youself and our country.And concerning tanks,you are partially true but that should be in some other forum.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Hey, we don't want to hear about tanks. We want you to tell us about all the B-52s, B-2s, German Phantoms and Turkish F-5s shot down!!! And pictures! And not from Venik! :diablo:

You did not understand me
ok i mantioned that becouse he told that we rebuild our loses in our factories and said about propaganda, that is for other place and not for here, and now you have nothing other to say than you get a remark about my post and you do not read it cerefuly and think about it for a 5 min.
I wont say anything about it anymore if is not concered about aircraft so I hope taht you do the same :diablo: