Mig-21 pics of ALL user countries

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

inspired by the T-6 thread I want to start these thread to see if we can bring together pictures of all Mig-21 users. please just one pic per user country. for start a nice pic of a Mig-21 from Mozambique
users:
Afghanistan
-Dostum Militia
-New Afghan Air Force
-Dem. Rep. Afghanistan
-Taleban
Angola
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Cambodia
China
Rep Congo
Croatia
Cuba
Czech Republic
Czechoslowakia
East Germany
Egypt
Ethiopia
Georgia
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Hungary
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Kazakhstan
Kyrgizistan
Laos
Libya
Madagascar
Mali
Mongolia
Mozambique
Nigeria
North Korea
Poland
Romania
Russia
Serbia & Montenegro
Slovakia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tanzania
Turkmenistan
Uganda
Ukraine
USSR
Vietnam
Yemen
Yugoslavia
Zaire
Zambia

still missing

Afghanistan
-Dostum Militia
-New Afghan Air Force
-Dem. Rep. Afghanistan
-Taleban
Angola
Azerbaijan
Burkina Faso
Cambodia
Ethiopia
Finland
Georgia
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Hungary
Kazakhstan
Kyrgizistan
Laos
Libya
Mali
Mongolia
Nigeria
Poland
Russia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tanzania
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Yemen
Yugoslavia
Zaire
Zambia

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

There's more than this!

Aren't you forgetting a few countries? :D :D :D

Introducing the famous "007". :diablo:

(at least the museum version of it. It is not the original plane to bear this registration, which was ex-Iraqi. The example now exhibited at Hatzerim is another of the captured MiG-21s, one of the former Algerian captures IIRC.)

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

MiG-21Bis from Croatia...
-115- 2004.
http://www.epozar.com/militaria/prib2004/IMG11359.jpg

-125- 2003.
http://avioni.0catch.com/prib2003/IMG_3927.jpg

Member for

20 years 1 month

Mig-21 from Serbian Airforce

Attachments

Member for

20 years 2 months

Aren't you forgetting a few countries?

I don't think so... Unless you're also counting the F-7 as a Mig-21, it is operated by only a few countries, ie Pakistan and Zimbabwe.

Member for

20 years 2 months

The following countries operate F-7's:

China of course

Albania
Bangladesh
Egypt
Iran
Myanmar
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Tanzania
Zimbabwe

Member for

19 years 10 months

I don't think so... Unless you're also counting the F-7 as a Mig-21, it is operated by only a few countries, ie Pakistan and Zimbabwe.
I think you missed the point of my photo: 007 is a MiG-21 in the colors of the ISRAELI air force.
The IAF also inherited a whole flight of 21s from Algeria, on top of that one from Iraq.

The USAF also operated a few 21s, which AFAIK came mostly from Israel as well. (t'was meeting it Vietnam, and eager to study it).

Member for

19 years 2 months

Romanian MiG-21F, before that buffoon Ceaucescu and his moronic wife were pumped full of lead and dumped into a hole.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Fabe,

..you missed CUBA in your list... :p

Attachments

Member for

20 years 3 months

...Vietnam :cool:

Attachments

Member for

20 years 8 months

MiG-21Bison(Upgraded) of the Indian Air Force.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Current/Mig-21/MiG-21j1.jpg

Member for

19 years 9 months

What else would the J/F-7 be other than a Chinese MiG-21? A novel type of electric toaster? :D

As for operators:

Albania
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Egypt
Iraq
Iran
Sudan
Tanzania
Burma
Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe
North Korea
Yemen

And and of course the PRC

That's 14 J/F-7 user nations, curent and past, did I forget anybody????

As for Soviet built MiGs:
An upgraded Egyptian MiG-21MF
A Ugandan MiG-21Sparka
There are also some pictures of Ugandan single seaters here:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/724023/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/724024/L/

Attachments

Member for

20 years 5 months

Q: Which is the most advanced version of Mig-21/F/J series ? In terms of Avionics and Manoeuvrebelity? (mind the spellings incase they're wrong)

Member for

20 years 10 months

I think you missed the point of my photo: 007 is a MiG-21 in the colors of the ISRAELI air force.
The IAF also inherited a whole flight of 21s from Algeria, on top of that one from Iraq.

The USAF also operated a few 21s, which AFAIK came mostly from Israel as well. (t'was meeting it Vietnam, and eager to study it).

It was also discovered that the Israeli AF nearly used the MiG-21 (007) to its operational needs. Egyptian MiGs (21 I believe) were conducting recon missions over Israel. At the time, the Israeli AF had no fighter that could catch the Egyptian MiGs, because of the MiG's excellent acceleration. They were returning quickly back home when they saw the Israeli fighters coming in. It was then decided to use the captured MiG to intercept them. It was ready to fly and the order was given, but the MiGs never showed up again.

The MiG, however, gave Israel (and the west) a great chance to learn about what was then the peak of Soviet technology. This info (especially the fact that the MiG-21 has a fuel tank right after the cockpit) gave Israel a huge advantage in 1967.
The original 007 was later given to the Americans for further studies. In the 80s, when the Israeli AF museum project was prepared, the US was asked to return it. The did return a MiG-21, but not 007. They were told of it, so they sent another MiG, with the serial 007, but it wasn't this one either. The real 007 is probably still somewhere in the US.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Why is France always left out? MiG-21US 0214/F-ZAGR (former Czech AF) made four or five flights with the CEV from Istres before being put in storage.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Q: Which is the most advanced version of Mig-21/F/J series ? In terms of Avionics and Manoeuvrebelity? (mind the spellings incase they're wrong)
If you really really want to know, the most advanced version are the ones produced by Elbit and IAI.
:D :D :D :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

From India

The fun is in posting pictures that have not been seen before (atleast on the net) so here goes :D

Okay, one of those have been seen before in thumbnail form..(the Jaisalmer fort one)

Any guestimates as to what altitude these guys are flying? I am assuming about 500-800 feet AGL ?

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

Can somebody ID the country ?

Member for

24 years 2 months

East Germany

Edit: Added some pics

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

Can somebody ID the country ?
Looks like a DDR (ex-East Germany) flag on the fin.