The Mirage Family

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Actually are Chilean Panteras even in use anymore? With the F-5 Tigre III upgrade well underway and the recent delivery of F-16's, it seems their time might be up.

I though they had Python and maybe Derby missiles plus DASH helmets, which would make them much better than the Pakistani ROSE aircraft, but maybe they don't have those items.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Mirage Panteras

Actually are Chilean Panteras even in use anymore? With the F-5 Tigre III upgrade well underway and the recent delivery of F-16's, it seems their time might be up.

yes, the remainder of Chilean AF Panteras are still on service, but they (and the Mirage 5M Elkans) are going to be replaced by the F-16 MLU recently bought in Netherlands.
I though they had Python and maybe Derby missiles plus DASH helmets, which would make them much better than the Pakistani ROSE aircraft, but maybe they don't have those items.

No, the fleet of F-5E/F Tigre III have that kind of equipment, Mirage Panteras are attack-dedicated aircraft rather than interceptors. The F-5s are expected to be operating here until the next decade.

regards

Member for

20 years 7 months

Question : Are thoses Mirage 3's, 4's and 5's unstable airframes and do they have FBW systems ? Would have been quite a feat if they had FBW in the 50's and 60's.

The Mirage III NG has FBW, but I'm not sure of the instability.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Just for Fun :)

British Mirage :
http://tinypic.com/72d84l.jpg

Indian Mirage :
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Current/LCA/Tejas51.jpg
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Current/LCA/Tejas50.jpg
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Current/LCA/Tejas49.jpg

American Mirage :
http://images.opentopia.com/enc/thumb/35/34036/250px-Deltawing.arp.600pix.jpg

Member for

18 years 2 months

About the F2 and F3 : two prototypes were built, only the F2 flew, as a tetbed. How many flights ? when was is abandonned ? Were the F2 and (unfinished F3) prototypes scrapped? Waht about Israel connection for the F2 ?

Member for

19 years 8 months

Does anybody has pictures of the Mirage Milan, the version designed for the Swiss Air Force in the 70's

Member for

18 years 2 months

The one with folding moustaches, nicknamed "Asterix ?"

Member for

19 years 10 months

Milan, le mirage avec des moustaches

A Milan from Dassault

Attachments

Member for

18 years 9 months

very nice guys many thanks, - thanks Flogger!
regards.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Found that in PakDef forums...

That was not the only engine planned for
Dassault's third-generation Mirage. A pair of
Turbo Union RB199 reheated turbofans (in
other words, the Panavia Tornado powerplant)
was revealed in 1978 as being intended for the
international collaborative Mirage 3000.
Nothing came of this proposal for an aircraft
that would have pre-empted the Eurofighter,
but more promise was initially shown by anoth-
er twin-engined variant, the Mirage 4000.

A Mirage 3000 with two RB-199 ???!!!!

Member for

17 years 11 months

my all time favorite mirage.... :)

Member for

19 years 6 months

my all time favorite mirage.... :)

The Mirage IV is an incredible machine and I remember seeing one execute a rocket-assisted take-off at Orange-Caritat when I was about twelve or thirteen and I have to say that it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Incredible noise and incredible performance from such a large aircraft.

For me however, my favorite Dassault product would have to be the Mirage F1, an aircraft my cousin flew for nine years. He never transitioned to the Mirage 2000, pulled out and went on to become a instructor pilot at a small aerodrome in the south of France. It looked incredible both on the ground and in the air and was incredible as a recon machine. Or so my cousin says!

Attachments

Member for

18 years 7 months

Speaking of mirages: How have the Pakistani Mirage IIIs actually been upgraded ?
________
Smoke weed every day

Member for

13 years 7 months

Going back to the Mirage 3000 here's a couple of views of what the RB199 powered type may have looked like together with a small snippet taken from an old Air International regarding the use of the SNECMA M69 instead of the RB199.Dassault Mirage 3000 plan view

Attachments

Member for

13 years 7 months

Right, as far as the F2 is concerned I have a GA drawing and a few pics which may have to go over a few posts. First up the GA and a few black and white piccys

Attachments

Member for

13 years 7 months

Next is a couple of colour pics of the F2 with a couple of profiles I found on the net a few years ago, but unfortunately cannot remember the source, but credit to whoever! Also a pic I found of the F2 with the Mirage G, which was actually developed from the F2 using the same front fuselage assembly. Also in answer to one of the previous questions a Mirage F2 is now preserved with DGA Techniques Aeronautiques in Toulouse Balma.

Attachments