Where is the lonely Iraqi Su-24?!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hi,this is my question to any one who know informations,photos,detailes about the lonely Iraqi Su-24.
Before 1991 Iraqi air force operator 24 bombers,and after 17/1/1991 when the Desert Storm war started,23 of Su-24s went to Iran,an agreement between Iraq and Iran goverments,one of these bomber was crashed during the landing because the pilot he didnt saw the runaway and he was died,and all these bomber now with Iran flag.
At 1990s the lonely Su-24 at home base Al-Bakar Air Base at north of Baghdad,and I saw it over Baghdad in 1993.
Please any pics for it.
Thanks

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

Gee, Iraqi Su-24 is not easy to find you know.

Member for

18 years 7 months

At 1990s the lonely Su-24 at home base Al-Bakar Air Base at north of Baghdad,and I saw it over Baghdad in 1993.

Excuse me,have you been in Iraq?

Member for

19 years 10 months

The only photo of Iraqi Su-24 I've ever seen and beleive me I've looked is the one taken during a 1989 parade:

Member for

18 years 4 months

Excuse me,have you been in Iraq?

Now I'm out side of Iraq,and I have a marvelous pics for Iraqi Air Force,but in Iraq,and my question about the latset Iraqi Su-24 for US army in Iraq,where is it?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Hi,this is my question to any one who know informations,photos,detailes about the lonely Iraqi Su-24.
Before 1991 Iraqi air force operator 24 bombers,and after 17/1/1991 when the Desert Storm war started,23 of Su-24s went to Iran,an agreement between Iraq and Iran goverments,one of these bomber was crashed during the landing because the pilot he didnt saw the runaway and he was died,and all these bomber now with Iran flag.
Please any pics for it.
Thanks

Hi Ha27,

This is interesting information to us.

- Do you mean that Iraq had exactly 24 Su-24 on 17/1/1991?

- Did they have more before that time?
- Which subtypesdo you know of? (Su-24MK/MR/...)

Thanks,
Ëcm

Member for

19 years 9 months

The only photo of Iraqi Su-24 I've ever seen and beleive me I've looked is the one taken during a 1989 parade:

What the..... :eek:

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hi Ha27,

This is interesting information to us.

- Do you mean that Iraq had exactly 24 Su-24 on 17/1/1991?

- Did they have more before that time?
- Which subtypesdo you know of? (Su-24MK/MR/...)

Thanks,
Ëcm

Yes Iraq the first country received 24 of Su-24MK

Member for

19 years 10 months

What the..... :eek:

It's genuine.........I helped Flex track it down in an old dutch(?) magazine after a lead from Diego of HiDecals. :)

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yes Iraq the first country received 24 of Su-24MK

Hi Ha27,

Whow, great picture. :)

What could you tell us about the serials of these 24 Fencers?

On your picture I read 24...

Thanks,
Ëcm

Member for

20 years 8 months

It's genuine.........I helped Flex track it down in an old dutch(?) magazine after a lead from Diego of HiDecals. :)

Errr, I have scanned this picture from a very early issue of Plastic Kits Revue magazine. This mag does not exist anymore.. BTW, it was Czech, not Dutch..

Member for

19 years 5 months

Errrr just a thought, I has been reported that Iraq recieved 25 Su-24's and that 24 made it to Iran, this may explain where the missing one is-it never existed, Iraq actually recieved 24 of which all 'escaped' to Iran. Just an idea, but im probably completely wrong.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Errrr just a thought, I has been reported that Iraq recieved 25 Su-24's and that 24 made it to Iran, this may explain where the missing one is-it never existed, Iraq actually recieved 24 of which all 'escaped' to Iran. Just an idea, but im probably completely wrong.

yes my friend this is plastic model,but I'm sure one of 24 aircraft stayed in Iraq until 2003,after this date I don't know.

Member for

19 years 10 months

yes my friend this is plastic model,but I'm sure one of 24 aircraft stayed in Iraq until 2003,after this date I don't know.

According to ACIG there were actaully reports that the Su-24 actually flew in early 2003, shortly before the conflict, accompanying a lone Tu-16/H-6.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Hi to every one and especially hayder (ha_27)
I wrote in the past as MANDRAKE_PO su-24 thread and the information in that time was said that the only su-24 stay in iraq was destroyed by us air strike but in the last week an other ex iraqi pilot tell me that the su-24 has servived from tha air strike but unfrtunately has been destroyed by the people who worked in metal market and sold as alminum parts in the iraqi market and someone my ask why the us did not save it and the answer that the us forces did not come to Al Baker air base before two weeks of the end of the war and because that aircrat still in the ochard without any protect from any one and the same pilot promise me that he will give me some photos of su-24 in iraqi air force flag and I am waiting what he promised me and I will published when I have them.

Member for

20 years 4 months

I think that this poor lonely bomber is sitting in its hanger crying itself to sleep because all it's brothers and sisters have emigrated over the border. :(

Member for

20 years 2 months

If it is in a hangar it will be in an Ameican hangar here in the states. I dont think the US military has tested and study this aircraft with great detail unlike other USSR types.

Member for

20 years 3 months

ha27..

is that a DML model kit? nice finish.. almost real... =D
do you have more pics?