F15 Beatup!!!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

Check out this video of an F15 arriving at an Airshow in the States......Talk about low and loud!! :eek:

http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=4798

Original post

WOW.....I've seen many a F-15 Demo. Yet, this one looks (from the video) to be really low and very fast! :D NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Burn and Turn Baby................... :cool:

Member for

19 years 9 months

This is perhaps the first video of an American aircraft flying low directly over the crowd (atleast what I have seen so far). Well, since it was private airshow, exceptions could be made.

Member for

19 years 7 months

I would have loved to have been directly underneath this beast as it made its passes and then, I would have enjoyed shaking the pilot's hand for putting a great show! :D

Member for

18 years 4 months

Jesucristo! :eek:

I take it that wasnt supposed to happen like that. I wish they would all do that at the airshows!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Could you imagine the authorities here if one of our guys did it, the poor sod would be grounded for life!

On the quiet though, don't you just wish it happened here :rolleyes:

Member for

18 years 9 months

A few years back, I was directly under a B-1B Lancer flying very low level (as in close enough to read numbers from the ground....), and that was a truly earth-shaking experience!

Member for

24 years 3 months

A few years back, in fact a lot of years back, when overflying crowd wasn't forbidden, the F15 display comported a nice trick. I saw it once during an open day visit on a french AF base.
First, the F15 was flying its normal display in front of the crowd.
After the routine display was completed, the speaker announced that the plane was to depart immediately for his homebase in Germany.
Two other displays took place, 2 Tornadoes flying in pair, and a Harrier displaying its vectoring in flight and hovering capacities.
And suddenly, the F15 was back, from behind the crowd line, flying so fast you could not hear it before it actually was right over you :eek: . And the noise was so strong! Much stronger than the hovering Harrier or than the 2 Tornadoes.

That were the good old days ...

Member for

18 years 6 months

To see that, the best is to live in a NATO trainning zone.

When I was tennager (15 years ago), the most impressive was clearly F15, so powerfull !

But to see a C5 using a church as turning point and seeming touching it with his wing is impressive as well .

To be in a shaking building and to see the back of a F18 climbing out of your windows give you some retrospective worry... :cool:

Member for

18 years 5 months

Nothing unique if you've been to an airshow.

Member for

19 years 2 months

I also used to live in an area where low flying fighters was a common sight! I still wish for those days gone by when I was sat in the garden in the country and an F4 Phantom howled overhead about 150ft up or when you could watch a pair of A10's come over the brow of the hill upside down hugging it as close as possible then watching them turn above me at a 90 degree angle, so close, you could see the whites of the pilots eye's as he looked down at me!!!!

Happy days, gone forever :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 1 month

F-15's have an awesome sound, but i've never seen one fly low and fast,
not like I've seen with other jets. The thunderbirds do a trick, which
they distract you with the formation, and sneak up form the left with a
solo, flying just below the speed of sound, and really low, along the
crowd. I know when it's coming, but it's still a rush.

The blue angles (seen them once) did something even better.
They distract you with the formation, in front, and the two solo jets
come from behind, both flying over the crowd low and fast - my brother
peed his pants, and we both fell down (we were kids).

Saw an F-22 last year. They held the reins on it though, and never
opened it up. It taxied, and one or two planes performed, and all of a
sudden, you see the thing come out of nowhere, taking off from the left,
with this strange combination of roaring and screaming, similar to, but
not exactly like the F-15. It then shot straight up, on 30% power (so
they announced). Awesome sign of things to come. While I hoped for
more F-22 action, the sight of an F-4, 15 and 22 in formation was
awesome beyond description. You literally see the evolution of fighter
design over 4 decades flying above you.

I've seen F-14,15,16,18,22, 117, 104, and a whole bucnh of other
stuff. By far, the most impressive thing was the B-1.

To see something so huge move so fast at low level was awe inspiring.
It didn't fly over the crowd, just right along it, at low level. That was
enough. Wasnt' necessarily louder than an F-15, but it had a bit more
bass to it.

The f-104's were also impressive. You could tell they were old school
by the sound of their engines. very cool

Member for

24 years 3 months

Want spectaculair? Try a MiG-31 at dusk (lovely purple afterburner hue), or Su-17M4 at night (MASSIVE flame from the AB).

Want noise? F-104.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The F-15 is indeed an impressive airplane, but the sound just doesn't compare to the twin J-79's of the mighty F-4.

In May of 2005, I went to a show in Florida and an F-4E took off followed by an F-15C. The F-4 flew out of sight, yet even when the F-15 took off you could still hear the rumble from the F-4's J-79's.

After the F-15 did its display, the F-4 came back and they did several passes and various manuevers (both together and alone), and I gotta say the most impressive part was when the F-4 lit the burners, screamed down the runway, and then pulled up and to the left in full afterburner. The vapor coming off the wings along with the scream from the engines was enough to get my heart racing. It was just one of the most beautiful sites I'll ever remember. So loud, so powerful, and so beautiful all at once.....