RED FLAG 2000

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey , i think that this is the second topic with this name but I don´t care... I haven´t seen AFM reporting in this year Red Flag!!! ... Anyone has information about the countries and aircraft that participated in this event????? I have a lot of information if nyone wants it just tell me in here.......

Best regards

Richa, Portugal

PS
The portuguese and belgiuns flew together on the way back! That´s it boys!

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: RED FLAG 2000

Did the German's bring their F-4's, Tornado's, and MIG-29's?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I see on this topic all of you know as much as me. LOL. See ya.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Luftwaffe MiG-29 did come for Red Flag, to train as aggressor aircrfat. I hear they were easily beaten by F0-15 and F-16 everytime.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes the greman MIG-29 were a fact but they weren´t beet so easely! ..... Other countries that participated were the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and Belgium ... in the way to Nellis the F-16´s from Neteherlands, Belgium, and Norway were in Portugal. Then all continued their route to Nellis ( including portuguese F-16´s ).... Portugal participated with 6 F-16A from the 201 st squadron at Monte Real. The SAR support in the Atlantic was given by the portuguese with P3P, CA- 212 and SA-330C ) on the way back only Portuguese and Belgiuns F-16´s returned by the same path ) .

Best regards

Richa, Portugal

PS
For more information about the portuguese in Red Flag visit www.codeonemagazine.com

Member for

24 years 2 months

Was the fuel not expensive enough to fly straight back home instead of first visiting Portugal? Maybe we had to assist your F16's or else, they would get lost above the Atlantic

Member for

24 years 2 months

LAST EDITED ON 18-Sep-00 AT 05:43 PM (GMT)[p]

Joke

Member for

24 years 2 months

Joke? We have nice beachs women and food.... and in Belgium?

JOKE

Best regards

Richa, Portugal

Member for

24 years 2 months

Where does it say Mig29s were easily beaten?

In close combat don't Mig29s have the advantage with HMS-Archer combination? This is what NATO learned after testing Luftwaffe Fulcrums against F16s soon after unification of Germany.