F-4 Phantom II

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

What are some opinions of this aircraft. Obviously, it is my favorite and I love everything about it. This airplane has seen more combat than any other modern jet fighter. It has the largest number of kills to its credit. I know that its kill ration could have been higher than it is. The way the US ran the Vietnam War didn't allow the F-4 and other planes like the F-105 to perform to the best of their ability. The Israeli's on the other hand, showed just what the F-4 is made of. The F-4 introduced the first true multi-role fighter anywhere in the world. Before the F-4, planes were either attack jets or fighters, not both. The F-4 still has a major role in today's world as an air defence fighter, long-range strike aircraft, and recon platform. It also performs SEAD and CAS missions. The Israeli F-4 "Kurnass 2000" has the best ground-attack radar in the world. Let me hear some opinions on comparison to other fighters today, overall combat record, performance, etc.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: F-4 Phantom II

yes it is a great aircraft. It is faster then the F22 and JSF. It only lacks in the fact it is not stealth. If it were upgraded to stealth and had more speed it would be far better then any other aircraft, but right now it is still one of the best. Later.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Any more opinions?

Member for

24 years 2 months

No not really, I just like the thought of a fast stealth fighter unlike the slow useless F-117 (thats if it can be called a fighter due to its no air attacking capablity). later.