Top 5 reasons why...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sat here and got to thinking...here's the top 5 examples I can think of why politicians shouldn't be allowed to interfere with national defense matters.

5. Taiwan-explain how the US will justify military action to defend a country we don't officially agree exists? Subtitled: We're the USA, we'll interfere where we damn well please.

4. Israel-Without the political implications, we could bomb the bastards into the ground. They're the only country I can think of allowed to repeatedly be in violation of UN regulations without military action.

3. Every country has its "they bought us the cheaper, less sophisticated weapon" story. Insert your favorite here. Mine is the selection of the F-22 over the superior F-23.

2. The "Vietnam Conflict". Or, why you shouldn't allow politicians to run a war. Do I really need to explain this one?

1. England. Ladies and gentlemen, I present the country that reguards itself as being immune to the problems the US faced in Vietnam! Now taking applications for the Royal Air Force-fly the only next-generation fighter without a cannon.

Note-I don't hold any real ill feelings towards any of these countries, just thought this might be amusing. Enjoy!

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Top 5 reasons why...

very funny thoughts... :-)

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Top 5 reasons why...

I thought the issue with the Typhoon cannon had been sorted. Arent they now going to equip the aircraft with it? They are at least reviewing the stupid idea of no cannon. I'm sure ive read a few different news pieces about it. Anyone else have anymore details about it?

Regs
Brit Lynx