The Brand New IAF Thread (XI) - MOVED

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Guess what. The Brand New IAF Thread (XI) has been closed, and archived in a non-accessible part of the database.

The thread was derailing into an India/China/Pakistan slugfest yet again, despite repeated warnings. Hence, the information posted there is no longer available.

Feel free to start a Brand New IAF Thread number XII. Keep it clean, and it will stay. Keep it really clean, and thread number XI will re-emerge as well.

Of course it needs no further explanation that what happened to this thread, might happen just as well to any other thread dealing with the better known sensitive topics.

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

Guess what. The Brand New IAF Thread (XI) has been closed, and archived in a non-accessible part of the database.

The thread was derailing into an India/China/Pakistan slugfest yet again, despite repeated warnings. Hence, the information posted there is no longer available.

Feel free to start a Brand New IAF Thread number XII. Keep it clean, and it will stay. Keep it really clean, and thread number XI will re-emerge as well.

Of course it needs no further explanation that what happened to this thread, might happen just as well to any other thread dealing with the better known sensitive topics.

Deleting the whole thread and moving it to a non-accessible part is an extreme measure which i think is unwarranted ....

Just because of the Nationalistic flame baiting of a few members, i dont think and entire thread with lot of useful information should be deleted !

as per the 'general warning' by SOC here
offending posts should have been deleted and posters have been given points ....

Getting rid of the whole thread is unjustified IMHO ....

Member for

15 years 8 months

this situation won't have happened if repeated trolling and flamebaiting by a few members were disallowed in the first place.

doping nothing against the disruptors and 'punishing' the regular contributors by hiding the thread sounds like strange policy.

Member for

16 years 4 months

I think non-Indian members must not be allowed to start A vs. B comparisons in this thread. A Chinese member recently triggered an A vs. B comparison, which led to disruptions.

And Pakistani members like to question stuff about Tejas --- questions that have been answered "millions of times".

So here's a basic FAQ on Tejas that will help :-

1) It's not overweight, and weighs the same as it's contemporaries, JF-17, Gripen C/D, and T-50. Check any source for that.

2) Engine bids for Mk.2 have been submitted on Dec. 2009. Eurojet-2000 and GE-414 are the competitors. 100 engines will be procured from the winning company.

3) Design began in 1987-88. 1983 was the year of official sanction and fund allocation.

Member for

14 years 5 months

I think many of us including myself are guilty of responding to potential flame biting in the IAF thread. Let us make a pledge to ignore all off topic posts by the usual suspects.

Member for

14 years 7 months

I think many of us including myself are guilty of responding to potential flame biting in the IAF thread. Let us make a pledge to ignore all off topic posts by the usual suspects.

Well thats the fun part of keypublishing- the lil online wars between the Indians, Pakistani's and Chinese :):):). Keypublishing does give quite a bit of leverage compared to other forums(It did give more freedom a long time before though). But I guess things can get a bit to much in here at times :p

Member for

14 years 2 months

(no offence whatsoever) Off topic situations do not arise because someone posted something off-topic; that's daily routine. They arise because someone else replies to that.

Best regards :o

Member for

15 years 5 months

hope this time thread becomes nice read :rolleyes:

Member for

14 years 9 months

I've asked this before, Is it possible for the thread creator to request mods to block individual posters from posting in a thread ?

That should solve a lot of problems.

I hope I wasn't a part of the problem. Could not see replies to my post before it got locked.

Member for

24 years 2 months

this situation won't have happened if repeated trolling and flamebaiting by a few members were disallowed in the first place.

doping nothing against the disruptors and 'punishing' the regular contributors by hiding the thread sounds like strange policy.

Seems strange to me that you make a big deal out of this now but you never reported any of these flamebaiting posts before the thread got out of hand?

Member for

15 years 8 months

Seems strange to me that you make a big deal out of this now but you never reported any of these flamebaiting posts before the thread got out of hand?

I did. a number of times in the first few pages. since nothing was done I didn't bother any more. please do check the closed/deleted reports. when I requested the mods to look into the posting pattern of certain members my post got deleted.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I did. a number of times in the first few pages. since nothing was done I didn't bother any more. please do check the closed/deleted reports. when I requested the mods to look into the posting pattern of certain members my post got deleted.

I didn't mean flamebaiting yourself, I meant sending a PM to one of the moderators.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Also how do you ignore a user in this forum ? I cannot find an option. Can you help Mpacha/Arthur anyone ?

Member for

14 years 9 months

How many Chinese and Pak threads have been shut down due to flame wars ? Is there a deliberate ploy by certain posters to attack indian threads ? How does one handle it ?

Member for

19 years 9 months

How many Chinese and Pak threads have been shut down due to flame wars ? Is there a deliberate ploy by certain posters to attack indian threads ? How does one handle it ?

Usually some members come to a thread just for flaming but you can do nothing but ignore him/her. No way to save a good discussion! :o

Member for

15 years 8 months

I didn't mean flamebaiting yourself, I meant sending a PM to one of the moderators.

I didn't mean flamebaiting myself too. I said

........but you never reported.......

I did. a number of times in the first few pages. since nothing was done I didn't bother any more. please do check the closed/deleted reports.

I suppose this http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/images/buttons/report.gif is used to report disrupting posts ?

so unless reporting button is used to flamebait around here, I'm at a loss to understand your comment.
regards.

Member for

15 years 3 months

I suppose this http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/images/buttons/report.gif is used to report disrupting posts ?

so unless reporting button is used to flamebait around here, I'm at a loss to understand your comment.
regards

Rahul, I think sometime back the webmaster himself admitted the "Report post" option is kinda.... ummmm .. doesn't get the job done

Best is to actually to PM the webmaster, moderators at the 1st sign of trouble

Member for

20 years 4 months

Rahul, I think sometime back the webmaster himself admitted the "Report post" option is kinda.... ummmm .. doesn't get the job done

Best is to actually to PM the webmaster, moderators at the 1st sign of trouble

Strange, why have the 'Report post' button at all if the moderators are going to ignore it. I've used it multiple times but the mods seemed to ignore them.

Sometimes the number of flaimbaits reach such a point that it's difficult to follow the original context of the thread.
It usually starts with: LCA sucks, my fighter is so much superior.

Member for

24 years 2 months

And just as often it starts with someone dragging in stuff like the JF-17 or J-10 just to show how superior the LCA is...

Mind you, we hàve been strict on deleting offending messages, and we hàve been generous with infractions and (temporary) bans. Yet for some reason these don't seem to work: IAF (and PAF) threads almost by definition deteriorate in cheap p!ssing contests. The rate in which those threads are flocked by posters means that the speed in which they deteriorate is way quicker than for us mods to clean them up. I'm sorry, but we do have more fruitful things in life than cleaning up subcontinental unpleasantries.

Also, a major issue is that whenever someone post something critical in an IAF-related thread, members are almost by definition accused of being from either Pakistan or China after which all gloves are off. Yet somehow critical questions from other countries seem to be much more tolerable.

There is a lot of cleaning up in your collective act to be done, the good ones notwithstanding.

Individual punishments and post-removals appearantly don't work. Perhaps the threat of having your work removed does.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Rahul M

but try to knock that into the blockheads here ! :rolleyes:

I mean comments like these!

HuntingHawk I don't ignore anything, we have a system which you can follow if you don't succeed at first.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Strange, why have the 'Report post' button at all if the moderators are going to ignore it. I've used it multiple times but the mods seemed to ignore them.

Which was my point.... Best is to PM the webmaster or the mods at the 1st sign of trouble.

Sometimes the number of flaimbaits reach such a point that it's difficult to follow the original context of the thread.
It usually starts with: LCA sucks, my fighter is so much superior.

I know..... Its extremely annouying. Sometimes it is almost impossible to find relevant posts. Pages and pages of off-course topic bovine-excrement. Its like sifting through rubble. The ignore button doesn't help either..

best thing is to PM the webmaster or the mods