World Missiles News

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

6 years 1 month

The US version of Avangard.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3733106.html
New data on the promising US Army LRHW hypersonic missile system
https://l-userpic.livejournal.com/110537822/38024980bmpd August 10th, 11:53
At a symposium of representatives of the US defense industry on space and missile defense (Space and Missile Defense Symposium) on August 7, 2019 in Huntsville (Alabama), representatives of the US Department of Defense released new data on a ground-based hypersonic missile weapon system created in the interests of the American army LRHW (Long Range Hypersonic Weapon). Recall that for the first time some details about this system were disclosed in May 2019 at a conference of the US Army Association (AUSA) in Honolulu.

In fact, this LRHW system is a universal solid-propellant medium-range ground-based ballistic missile AUR (All-Up-Round), equipped with a universal, maneuverable planning hypersonic warhead of the Common Hypersonic Glide Body (C-HGB) performed by Block 1. Both of these system components created by the Sandia National Laboratory of the United States Department of Energy with the participation of the United States Missile Defense Agency. The C-HGB hypersonic warhead is being developed as a whole to equip weapons systems of three types of the US armed forces (army, air force and navy). The AUR missile will also be used by the US Navy.

The AUR missile has a case diameter of 34.5 inches (887 mm). The rocket will be launched from a transport and launch container with a length of about 10 m from a ground-based towed towed two-container mobile launcher with an Oshkosh M983A4 tractor unit (8x8). The launcher semi-trailer is a modified M870 semi-trailer of the Patriot SAM launcher launcher. The missile system will use the standard American fire control system for missile forces and artillery AFATDS in version 7.0 for fire control. The battery of the LRHW system will include four dual-container launchers and one fire control vehicle.

Presumably, the C-HGB hypersonic warhead is based on the Advanced Hypersonic Weapon (AHW) experimental hypersonic warhead developed by Sandy National Laboratories for the US Army, flight tests of which were conducted in 2011 and 2012 and reached a speed of 8M. An AUR rocket is also possible, based on an accelerator rocket used to launch AHW.

The US Army plans to start the LRHW tests in 2021 with test launches about once every six months. Already in the fiscal year 2023, the deployment of LRHW missile systems batteries as part of the Strategic Fires Battalion divisions and their deployment to “pilot combat duty” is expected to begin.

The LRHW range was not officially disclosed, but the AHW range was claimed at 3,700 nautical miles (6,800 km), and a number of unofficial estimates give an effective LRHW range of about 5,000-6,000 km

Member for

15 years 3 months

New KalibrM Missile tested.

https://youtu.be/_ncIpwtK-rc

Its new and different alright. It does not have the booster and directional thrusters for manuvere at initial launch.
It probably contain far more fuel this way.
How much increased Range(not that the Kalibr have a poor range) does this thing have now?

Member for

6 years 1 month

New KalibrM Missile tested.

https://youtu.be/_ncIpwtK-rc

Its new and different alright. It does not have the booster and directional thrusters for manuvere at initial launch.
It probably contain far more fuel this way.
How much increased Range(not that the Kalibr have a poor range) does this thing have now?

Where have you read that this is a Kalibr-M? That missile should have 4500 km range, but I have not heard anything about it being tested already. That particular test was against a naval target at just 40 km distance, so it was probably the anti-ship and not the land attack version.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Where have you read that this is a Kalibr-M? That missile should have 4500 km range, but I have not heard anything about it being tested already. That particular test was against a naval target at just 40 km distance, so it was probably the anti-ship and not the land attack version.

Did you hear that News anchor guy talk about a new Kalibr Missile and are you capable reading Engrish?
Did you bother to look at the link at all?

And what does it matter at what distant the testing of said missile was done from. You need to sollidate the launch routine and accuracy first, then it would be prudent to test max range.

Member for

6 years 1 month

Did you hear that News anchor guy talk about a new Kalibr Missile and are you capable reading Engrish?
Did you bother to look at the link at all?

Yes haavarla, that is why I ask. I saw no single claim to the missile being a new one. It was the first Kalibr launch by that particular vessel, that is all I saw.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Yes haavarla, that is why I ask. I saw no single claim to the missile being a new one. It was the first Kalibr launch by that particular vessel, that is all I saw.

Well if it is not the Kalibr-M, then what is it?
I have not seen any reports of a smaller cheaper Kalibr for their Navy.
Only improved Kalibr. Missiles.

Member for

6 years 1 month

Well if it is not the Kalibr-M, then what is it?
I have not seen any reports of a smaller cheaper Kalibr for their Navy.
Only improved Kalibr. Missiles.

It is a regular Kalibr, there is no single mention in the media that normally refer these developments to a new version being tested. It would be too soon also for Kalibr-M being tested, considering when it was mentioned.

Member for

15 years 3 months

It is a regular Kalibr, there is no single mention in the media that normally refer these developments to a new version being tested. It would be too soon also for Kalibr-M being tested, considering when it was mentioned.

I don't understand this. If you take a look at Youtube. There you can see Kalibr launched from subs and many Navy ships, they all have a booster and they have a nose thrust for directional manuverig qhen launched.

The Kalibr we saw in this video did not. So its a different kind of Kalibr. This is 1000% a fact.

Member for

13 years 5 months

Kalibr has never had angular thrusters.

You are confusing Yakhont/Onyx/BrahMos with kalibr.

Member for

24 years 2 months

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/air-force-getting-new-new-air-air-missile-91956

AIM-260 is said to be an extended range missile with multi-mode seeker.  Such missiles are large and would not increase the number of shots carried by a tactical jet. Likely required by Navy, which is terrified of getting their big gray floaty things sunk.

Will there be another missile which meets the SACM requirements?