Question regarding last AFM (S-300 picture)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

In the December issue of AFM there's an article about self defence. On page 81 it shows a picture of a S-300, at least that is what it says. However I thought the S-300 is a completely different looking system and the missiles are always carried in launch tubes. I think the picture depicts a SCUD-B or C or something similar.

On the next page, a F-16 is shown. The caption says they carry the latest version of the AGM-88. But I guess not the one in the picture? These are just AMRAAMs right?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well, once I actually see the December issue, I should be able to answer you :D

Member for

19 years 4 months

In the December issue of AFM there's an article about self defence. On page 81 it shows a picture of a S-300, at least that is what it says. However I thought the S-300 is a completely different looking system and the missiles are always carried in launch tubes. I think the picture depicts a SCUD-B or C or something similar.

On the next page, a F-16 is shown. The caption says they carry the latest version of the AGM-88. But I guess not the one in the picture? These are just AMRAAMs right?

I know exactly the picture you are talking about and it is definately not a S-300 Launcher.

Member for

18 years

its a Scud a C model i think, but don't quote me on that