PLAN News Thread #4

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Type 003 carrier under contsruction

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":3869679}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

To admit it is progressing even faster than [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3871511}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3871512}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3871513}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3871514}[/ATTACH] I expected

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3871510}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

18 years 3 months

Some serious things to wrap my head around there, firstly the picture on the camera screen looks to be the 075 LHD. Beyond that progress on the Type 002 Carrier is startling, I don't see that much influence from the Varyag and it looks to have a twin Island configuration which means they are taking some influence from the UK when it comes to configuration.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Or are those all pictures of the 075 LHD and I am getting muddled up?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Or are those all pictures of the 075 LHD and I am getting muddled up?

#924 is the Type 003 carrier
#925 is the Type 075 LHD.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Is not picture #924 the Type 002 Carrier? I thought the Type 003 was the planned Nuclear carrier that is a few years away from being laid down pending development of Nuclear technology for surface ships.

So the sequence so far is:

Type 001 (Varyag)
Type 001A
Type 002
Type 003

Member for

13 years 2 months

Is not picture #924 the Type 002 Carrier? I thought the Type 003 was the planned Nuclear carrier that is a few years away from being laid down pending development of Nuclear technology for surface ships.

So the sequence so far is:

Type 001 (Varyag)
Type 001A
Type 002
Type 003

No, the 001A designation isn't used by PLA watchers anymore, but it is still in use by some media people who don't know any better.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/06/a-mid-2019-guide-to-chinese-aircraft-carriers/

• CV-16 Liaoning (sometimes referred as carrier 001): As China’s first aircraft carrier in service, this vessel was once commonly known as the Varyag. No change in name or designation.
  • Carrier 002 (formerly known as “001A,” and is also sometimes referred to as CV-17, and may be named Shandong once commissioned): This ski jump carrier is derived from the CV-16 design, and is China’s first domestically built carrier which was launched from Dalian shipyard in 2017 and has been undergoing sea trials since mid 2018.
  • Carrier 003 (formerly known as “002,” and is also sometimes referred to as CV-18): Currently under construction at Jiangnan shipyard in Shanghai, this will be China’s second domestically built carrier and China’s first aircraft carrier equipped with catapults.
  • Carrier 00X or 004 (formerly known as “003”): This designation has been used to refer both to China’s first eventual nuclear powered aircraft carrier, or a second conventional carrier equipped with catapults.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Some serious things to wrap my head around there, firstly the picture on the camera screen looks to be the 075 LHD. Beyond that progress on the Type 002 Carrier is startling, I don't see that much influence from the Varyag and it looks to have a twin Island configuration which means they are taking some influence from the UK when it comes to configuration.

... I think you're getting muddled up.

The "twin island" you are talking about is the single island from the 075 LHD, not for a carrier.
The island is also all one single structure, it's just that the smoke stacks have yet to be installed on the island making it seem like the bridge and pri fly towers seem like they're "separate" when in reality they're joined at the base as part of a single island.

The pictures in post #818 are all of the first 075 LHD where it is approaching structural completion and will be ready for launch relatively soon.
The picture in post #817 is of carrier 003 (formerly known as 002), where it is still undergoing super block fabrication/assembly.

Member for

18 years 3 months

... I think you're getting muddled up.

The "twin island" you are talking about is the single island from the 075 LHD, not for a carrier.
The island is also all one single structure, it's just that the smoke stacks have yet to be installed on the island making it seem like the bridge and pri fly towers seem like they're "separate" when in reality they're joined at the base as part of a single island.

The pictures in post #818 are all of the first 075 LHD where it is approaching structural completion and will be ready for launch relatively soon.
The picture in post #817 is of carrier 003 (formerly known as 002), where it is still undergoing super block fabrication/assembly.

Yeah, after I posted that on a second looking I realised it was a single Island with raised aft stack.

The 075 LHD looks to be influenced by similar vessels like the Juan Carlos class and the Cavour.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Yeah, after I posted that on a second looking I realised it was a single Island with raised aft stack.

The 075 LHD looks to be influenced by similar vessels like the Juan Carlos class and the Cavour.

The elevators are not positioning from Juan Carlos or Mistral.

The overall flight deck geometry and the forward area is more like Wasp or Trieste.

Full displacement should be some 31k tons.

Member for

17 years 6 months

New photo of the Russian-made destroyer pr.956-E “Hangzhou” with a hull number 136, PLA Navy. After four years of modernization, it completes a series of shipbuilders’ sea trials. Instead of the Shtil air defense launcher, the HHQ-10 air defense launcher appeared, followed by the HHQ-16 air defense launchers, and new YJ-12A anti-aircraft missiles will be installed instead of the Moskit anti-aircraft missile.

Member for

24 years 2 months

:)

Launch allegedly on 24. September

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874085}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874086}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874087}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

The first PLAN Type 075 LHD was launched this morning at the Hudong-Zhonghua shipyard.
http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20...e3556d5a4.html

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874489}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3874490}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

15 years 3 months

J-15 with Air-to-ground load (KD-88 and YJ-91).

Larger-
https://i.imgur.com/r6ZNfVi.jpg