2 Akulas going to the IN

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Two unfinished Akula Is, at 60% and 85% complete, will be finished and leased to the Indian navy. Work began in October of this year.

source- JMR Dec. 1

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

What is the timeline for their completion and handover.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Google, frankly i am tired of u putting all ur eggs in the Janes basket....y don u ever understand that they are not the last word..... there are many guys who blindly believe them .... not saying that with regards to the Akula affair.

Member for

20 years 6 months

oh stop bashing Google, he's a reliable source of information, unlike certain felines

Member for

24 years 2 months

Google, frankly i am tired of u putting all ur eggs in the Janes basket....y don u ever understand that they are not the last word..... there are many guys who blindly believe them .... not saying that with regards to the Akula affair.

Blkct, f u dun wanta beleeve da Janez, then no1 is 4cing u 2 read my post. F u hav a better sorse, then plz post it.

Member for

24 years 2 months

What is the timeline for their completion and handover.

One of the subs is the Nerpa (K 152), laid down in '86 and launched in '98 at 85% completion. No date given on completion- India is believed to have given a down payment of $100 million, and the entire deal is expected to cost nearly $2 billion. Expensive!

Frankly, IMO, the money would be better spent on their ATV.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I forgot to mention, in additional news, India will be starting research on an air-launched Brahmos with the project to commence in 2-3 years time.

Member for

20 years 5 months

The money for the ATV is allocated in the DRDO budget. The money for the Akula is allocated to the Navy's CapEx.

Different sources - and mutually exclusive

Member for

20 years 3 months

Hey sorry man, i was not bashing Google.... sorry google if u felt that way.

But i can't tell the same way abt the GOOGLE, who is throughy controlled and gets only those links which the owner like guys like me to see.

Member for

19 years 6 months

New atomic subs for India
06.11.2004 14:53

Last week the head of the federal agency on industry Boris Aleshin inspected the Far Eastern enterprises he is in charge of. One of the key point of the tour was the two days visit to the Komsomolsk-on-Amur based Amur Shipyard (ASZ). During the visit the parties signed the agreement on completing the construction of the two nuclear subs that had been conservated before. The project 971 Schuka-B subs will be finished for the Indian Navy. They were laid down in mid 80s for the Pacific Navy of Russia. The works were suspended due to lack of financing. Today one sub is 60% ready, another was put in the water in 1998 and was called Nerpa. Early 2002 the reactor was started on this sub. Today Nerpa is ready to the degree of 85%. Completing the subs require RUB70m annually, but the MoD does not allocate the means.

According to the deputy governor of Khabarovsk region Sergei Zrazhevsky the plant will start works this month. The decision of the main order has been taken, the work had been long suspended, now it will go on, he said.

According to unofficial information the agreement with India was reached during the visit of th President Putin to India in Dec, 2002. The project is evaluated at 1.7-1.8$b. Delhi has already remitted the advance payment of $100m. After completing the subs they will be removed to the branch of ASZ, the Bolshoi Kamen based plant Vostok for tests. Last year Vosotk hosted the Indian delegation which studied the site for testing nuclear subs. Apart from that in 2001 Indians Severodvinsk studied project 971. – ShipBuildingRu

I don't believe all of it though...

Member for

20 years 3 months

The project is evaluated at 1.7-1.8$b. Delhi has already remitted the advance payment of $100m.

hmmmmm...... the Isreali's who is not at all in financial crisis and gets all stuffs almost free had squeezed from India nearly or over $350million as the advance payment for Phalcon AWACS, the first of that will arrive only after 44 months ..... hmmmm..

Member for

19 years 6 months

Just a quick question, are these submarines purchased to be assigned to the future carrier battle group?

Member for

19 years 9 months

1.8B sounds to bee too expensive for two Akula 1s, there must be more in this deal than we are told like "major assistance" in the ATV project itself. Look for the Indian reactor to start working fine soon for the ATV.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Blkct, f u dun wanta beleeve da Janez, then no1 is 4cing u 2 read my post. F u hav a better sorse, then plz post it.

ROTFLMAO. That was hilarious! :D

Member for

19 years 5 months

One of the subs is the Nerpa (K 152), laid down in '86 and launched in '98 at 85% completion. No date given on completion- India is believed to have given a down payment of $100 million, and the entire deal is expected to cost nearly $2 billion. Expensive!

Frankly, IMO, the money would be better spent on their ATV.

The numbers appear "off"- in that sense, most reports are, so I wouldnt take them too seriously.
2 Billion is way too much- y'can betcha a bottle of sparkly, that the Indian MOD would go ape before releasing so much dough!
Note the song and dance being conducted over all Indian acquisitions in the millions, as everyone and their uncles sit and peer over the docs with microscopes and yakk endlessly (negotiate) over endless cups of tea!
Seriously speaking- two billion is probably the amount one would expect for all Indo Russo jt development over a multi yr timeframe- projects like the PAK FA, MTA etc- once cleared .

Member for

19 years 10 months

I forgot to mention, in additional news, India will be starting research on an air-launched Brahmos with the project to commence in 2-3 years time.

Cross-post from the BrahMos thread.

MIL-TECH Magazine Volume XXVIII Issue 7 2004 states :

Attachments