Guess the Ship, it's back

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ok guys lets get cracking.

Now I know some of you are really really good at this, so I've made it harder by changing the attributes of the pics- colour tone and direction but not the actual vessel part itself. So lets see how good you really are!

Let the games begin!

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 7 months

Is the last one a MEKO 140 of the ARA?

Member for

19 years 7 months

and the second one a Sigma corvette, of those for Indonesia?

Member for

19 years 7 months

number 4, is that a Cannon class DE? e.g. BRP Rajah Humabon (PF-11) , ex USS Atherton (DE-169)?

Member for

24 years 3 months

WAN my old friend how is the little man these days? Getting big I bet.

I knew I'd draw you out of the wood work and as always you are right on the money with all three guesses- I thought I'd have you stumped on them, especially changing the colour and the pic around- you are just too good mate!

1. MEKO 140 of Armarda Republica Aregntina moving up a Chiliean Straight

2. KRI Diponegoro

4. BRP Rajah Humabon

Well there are still two left!

Attachments

Member for

19 years 1 month

CSS Tennessee?

Attachments

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hawk- hahahaha nice joke mate- but No mate, sorry!

E2R- Sorry mate, try again ;)

Member for

19 years 7 months

Argh, can't stand it: I know I've seen pic 3 before, just can't recall details!
Not giving up though!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hehehehe, this is going to be great- what about pic 1 mate ;)

Oh and Wan- you didn't asnwer my question- hows the boy doing?

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hehehehe, this is going to be great- what about pic 1 mate ;)

Oh and Wan- you didn't asnwer my question- hows the boy doing?

This week? Waking me up at night, mostly! He's a little under the weather, hence irregular. Other than that, he's walking - dare I say running - around the house like a pro. Saw and felt snow for the first time recently.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Watch him mate- you'll blink and he'll be asking you for the car keys! I still can't believe that my eldest is drinking vodka- Legally, it's just like yesterday that I watched her and her sister being born- I'd better start looking in the mirror more often- soon as I see gray, I am buying hair dye ;)

So how are we going on the last two vessel, any one got any ideas yet?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well a week is nearly up- and no one has gotten the last two- Not even Wan which is a surprise. Tomorrow I'll post the answers if no one has gotten them by then!

Member for

19 years 7 months

The first is some inshore patrol craft or patrol vessel, possibly by Damen shipyards or some french yard. For the third I initially thought Minerva corvette, but that's wrong. Then I though something like a Gearing FRAM, but that's wrong too. Then I thought some aux. repair ship, but that's not it either. Maddening thing is that I know I've seen the picture!!!!! Please, get it over with.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Chances of success seems remote when everyone else has been biting their teeth out on these already, but lets try before all it revealed. No1 looks Iranian to me. No.3 might be a Spanish Descubierta OPV or MCM support ship Diana.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Pred: mate you hit it on the second one- it is indeed Descubierta ;)

Hows that for you Wan- :P

As for the second- she is indeed an IPV- SAS Tobie from South Africa

Attachments

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hows that for you Wan- :P

As for the second- she is indeed an IPV- SAS Tobie from South Africa

Hmm, Descubierta I think I shoulda had, not familiar with SAS Tobie. :o
Oh well :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

So Wan- had you seen the pic before?

As for Tobie- interesting vessel- one of the T class IPV Catamarans in service, interesting use of pleasure boats ;)

Member for

19 years 7 months

Round 2.....:p

Member for

18 years 2 months

Number 1: Tromp Class Frigate

Number 3: HNLMS Amsterdam (A836)

1Saludo

Member for

19 years 7 months

Number 1: Tromp Class Frigate

Number 3: HNLMS Amsterdam (A836)

1Saludo

And we have our first hits!

No.1 Hr.ms. De Ruyter (a.k.a. Koyak) guided missile frigate (I should have left out the SeaSparrow launcher, so it could have been an older Dutch destroyer of Holland or Friesland classes :-)
No.3 Hr.ms. Amsterdam auxiliary oiler replenishment ship (I suppose the Goalkeeper was a give away, else it could have been Spain's Patina class).

Member for

18 years 2 months

And we have our first hits!

No.1 Hr.ms. De Ruyter (a.k.a. Koyak) guided missile frigate (I should have left out the SeaSparrow launcher, so it could have been an older Dutch destroyer of Holland or Amsterdam classes :-)

I remember that photo of the Tromp class, so I knew it also you delete the Sea Sparrow:diablo:

No.3 Hr.ms. Amsterdam auxiliary oiler replenishment ship (I suppose the Goalkeeper was a give away, else it could have been Spain's Patina class).[/QUOTE]

Yes Goalkeeper was essential.

1Saludo

I try the rest.