Windows 10 instructions

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Can anybody recommend an instruction manual for W10 that an aged, tired idiot could understand ?

Original post

Member for

14 years 1 month

Anything in particular you need to know ?

Member for

19 years

I have just bought 'Windows 10 tips, tricks and shortcuts' by 3w. ineasysteps.com. Hopefully this will answer all my questions and make me super efficient and possibly a geek candidate!

Member for

18 years 6 months

Thanks for the replies people, as ever forumites are helpful folks. Alan - I have too many questions to impose upon you, but thanks for the offer of assistance. Tony - item bookmarked for later investigation. Newforest - found the Easy Steps book in W.H.Smith on Saturday morning so will read it avidly and emerge a new person, or at least understand a bit more,

Member for

19 years

Snap. bought mine in Smiths, Winchester. Just starting it now, so no mind bogglers, yet. I am a keen reader of 'Computer Active', a simple man's guide to technology!

Member for

14 years 1 month

I must admit that I found Win10 somewhat strange at first, and I've been using Windows since v 3.1. I've set mine up to be as much like Win7 as possible.
It did help that I bought a new computer and started from scratch. Many problems seem to come when upgrading from a previous version on an older computer.
If there is a specific problem you are having, Google is usually your friend.

Member for

9 years 6 months

I must admit that I found Win10 somewhat strange at first, and I've been using Windows since v 3.1. I've set mine up to be as much like Win7 as possible.
It did help that I bought a new computer and started from scratch. Many problems seem to come when upgrading from a previous version on an older computer.
If there is a specific problem you are having, Google is usually your friend.

Here's a hint from a frustrated user: after having my computer totally crash twice in the last few weeks (had to take it to the shop and have the whole system rebooted) trying to use Win 10 (upgrade from Win 7) I finally deduced that the problem was that the Microsoft Edge program which replaces the previous "Internet Explorer" program was the culprit. I simply loaded Google Chrome after the second crash recovery and used it. The whole system works great and seems very stable...no further problems.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Yes I have heard that "Edge" can cause problems.
I've used Firefox for many years without any problems.

I was under the impression that Win10 would be the final version, with it being
constantly uograded. The person who built my computer, reckons there will be
at least one more version.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I find it much easier to use than Windows 8, and it isn't too different to Windows 7.

Edge works most of the time, but does have its issues.