1/72 Airfix Vulcan IFR Probe

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 1 month

Anyone out there got one spare kicking around? Clumsily knocked the one off my model of 558, can't find it, not happy :mad:

Original post

Member for

14 years 5 months

Email Airfix, when James May made the Spitfire they said they prided themselves on supplying broken parts for their kits or something along those lines :diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Save your pennies and make a new one out of stretched sprue.. easy peasy.. I have had to make 3 or 4 of the dam things for my Vulcan

Member for

14 years 1 month

All fixed, in fact I now have 7 potential spares- Rockets for the Airfix 1/48 Spitfire 24 are perfect with a little bit of remodelling! :)
So all 3 Vulcans look proper again, till the next time one gets knocked anyway... :(

Cheers Peter btw

Member for

17 years 1 month

As Peter says, make your own. The Airfix probe is rubbish in any case. Better to make a new one from sprue or plastic rod, and attach a nozzle from another (better) kit's refuelling probe.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Knocked the bl**dy ting off again, another spare gone... Speaking of gone, where's my model thread disappeared to?! :confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Should be in the model section..?

Member for

14 years 1 month

It had disappeared, somehow seems to have trotted back again now. Honestly it wasn't just me... :confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

strange... gremlins...?

Member for

18 years 11 months

Airfix works wonders?;)

Member for

14 years 1 month

Hey ho. bl**dy technology...;)