Stirling 3D/4D Model

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hi Martin

I've been diverted a lot by damp in a friends house and other building work - but I made a good fist of some new flashing I am pleased to say!

Still working on a video showing all the holes along the top surface of the Stirling - met some issues with the way the modelling software smooths over the fuselage which involves a lot of 'fiddling' to get smooth.

Added a request to you on your facebook page for some dimensions :eagerness:

Cheers
James

Sorry...been away in Glastonbury James...will check the FB page ASAP !!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi James,

I hear that Cinema 4D "lite" is now bundled with the Adobe cloud so I guess that the software could end up being "adobfied".... Not sure if that is good or bad for its future!

Anyway your work is stunning and totally agree with your aproach using a more "artistic" package rather than a technical CAD package.

Member for

13 years 4 months

Hi James,

I hear that Cinema 4D "lite" is now bundled with the Adobe cloud so I guess that the software could end up being "adobfied".... Not sure if that is good or bad for its future!

Anyway your work is stunning and totally agree with your aproach using a more "artistic" package rather than a technical CAD package.

Hi Paul

I wasn't aware of that development - I know that other such packages have been absorbed by bigger companies and er, 'improved along corporate lines' Hopefully it won't happen to Cinema - though in theory I should be able to use my current version ad-infinitum!

Thanks for your kind comments too.

James

Member for

13 years 4 months

Some work to go yet on the rear turret ammo feed system. Apparently the MKI's had the system fitted but didn't use it until a later turret type was fitted! I suspect that the reason for the very long feed rails was to keep the weight of al the ammunition close to the centre of gravity.

Cheers
James

Attachments

Member for

13 years 4 months

Hi All

Finally I have the facility to generate 360 spherical images and soon stereoscopic, videos and Virtual Reality.

Till then do take the pilots seat and have a look around. This is just a trial to see if it works - the quality and content should be so much better soon - sadly I am a little busy with the rest of life.

https://360player.io/player/tHUsbg/

Cheers
James

Member for

24 years 3 months

Awesome work.....

I know what you mean about being too busy!