Ren's model feast thread !

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

damn, it's a bit blurred. :(

nonetheless, I present to you, QF A330-200, VH-EBA.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Nice additions you two.

I got a few more today from The Collectors aircraft model shop at LHR. The new GJ PIA 777 and PH-KCI KLM MD-11 made by phoenix. Piccies tomorrow. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Here's the latest two, finally took the plunge and opted for a BA Landor model in the form of the ex B-Cal DC-10 (G-BEBM)

Also an addition to my American Airways fleet in the form of this Beoing 757 (N674AN)

Both by Gemini Jets.

Also attached is a shot of G-BEBM today as 5X-BON, a freighter with DAS Cargo, it was with Gemini Air Cargo after BA sold it. And the AA 757 making one of the most scenic approaches in the world...

Attachments

Member for

19 years 9 months

I think I'm the only person to ask this - but why do all the more expensive models come WITHOUT a stand and the gear down?

Personally, I think that landing gear spoils an aircraft's gracefullness.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Gemini Jets don't come with a stand but you can buy them seperately. Dragon Wings models do have a stand and you can display them wheels on or off, they have little wheel doors to insert in place of the gear.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Ok, thanks. I'm thinking that just one model would be nice to go in the corner of my desk.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well I got my first 1/400 dragon A340-600 model today. No points for guessing which airline........SAA.

I will post a pic when I can get it on the computer.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ok, thanks. I'm thinking that just one model would be nice to go in the corner of my desk.

Gemini Jets, Virgin Atlantic inflight models come in a presentation tin that includes a chrome stand. They do the A340-600, 747-400 and if they've any left, a Concorde in Virgin livery.

You can get them onboard or from their sales team by mail order and from quite a few UK model dealers.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well I got my first 1/400 dragon A340-600 model today. No points for guessing which airline........SAA.

I will post a pic when I can get it on the computer.

Nice choice and nice to hear from you again Kevin, you been busy I take it ? ;)

Member for

20 years 9 months

i got a mytravel a330 on the flight home on saturday form palma its a plastic model i love the new colours it has grown on me.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yeah very busy. Still pop on the forum when I get a chance. Thought seeing as I was off today a couple of posts was in order. Just to prove I am still alive lol

Member for

24 years 2 months

I take it you'll approve of this one I got for a snip on e-bay today Kevin ?

ZS-SAX, Kempton Park by Dragon Wings.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

i have just got my hands on a Thomas Cook B757-200 die cast model, first to get it from the US. Not bad, but i dont want it anymore.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Another two including my first propliner, EC-AMP Lockheed Super Constellation by Aero Classics and PH-KCI, McDonnell Douglas MD-11 by Phoenix.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hello,

I'm looking to make my first and perhaps only model purchase,I want one to sit on top of my stereo and I'm interested in either a Delta or United 777,or a BMI or US Air A330,has anyone got any decent pics of either of the models they wouldn't mind posting so I can have a gander?

Cheers!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hello,

I'm looking to make my first and perhaps only model purchase,I want one to sit on top of my stereo and I'm interested in either a Delta or United 777,or a BMI or US Air A330,has anyone got any decent pics of either of the models they wouldn't mind posting so I can have a gander?

Cheers!

Here's a few in 1:400 scale, also check HERE for many more pics of just about everything that's going.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 9 months

Hi Ren

You sure have a very impressive collection there mate.
Firstly how many models do you have and secondly i see you have models on a runway Scenario is it based on GLA and if possible can we get a better view of your airport scene

If poss that is BTW how do you get all the good jobs i.e on the roof of EDI castle when the Reds are doing a flypast LOL

Cheers

Member for

20 years 10 months

I think that picture is taken from the Gemini Jets website, I dont think they are from Allens personal collection.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi Ren

You sure have a very impressive collection there mate.
Firstly how many models do you have and secondly i see you have models on a runway Scenario is it based on GLA and if possible can we get a better view of your airport scene

If poss that is BTW how do you get all the good jobs i.e on the roof of EDI castle when the Reds are doing a flypast LOL

Cheers

The above four pics are taken from A: Brinkley's Pics in the case of the US Airways A330 and B: from Gemini Jets in the case of the other three. I don't have an airport scenario (yet).

At a rough guess I have about 80 models in the collection and a few more in the post. As for filming the Red Arrows? Let's just hope this rainy weather clears up in time or it'll be cancelled.

In the meanwhile however, the postman has been again !!!

Attachments

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hello Guys,

Ordered me my first model,a nice shiny new Gemini Jets 1:400 Delta 777-200ER in the latest livery today,hopefully I should have it in the next few days.

Cheers.