Pegasus Spitfire F22

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

I'm currently attempting to put this one together - what an absolute bitch it is!!

This is a short-run kit from the Czech Republic, and the sprues are as thick as a baby's finger! I'm not kidding, you have to be really gentle in cutting the bits off, and once you've done that you have to sand off the flash from all the parts.

I've glued the fuselage shells together - there is no cockpit interior, not even a pilot figure to fill the gap - and I can see liberal use of possibly white glue or filler to plug the cracks down the seam.

There are no cannon barrels, a crude-looking five-blade prop, seperate tail fin, and single-piece wing and tailplanes, as well as the ancillary items to make the rest of the airframe.

I'll let you know how I get on, but here's one that was done earlier:

Scott van Aken's Pegasus Spitfire 22

Original post

Member for

18 years 7 months

If memory serves, this was the first full kit Pegasus made, and only their second product after the 2 seat Harrier conversion. I think Pegasus was founded by Chris Gannon after he parted company with Veeday (remember them?) Not sure about them being Czech though; aren't they based in Norfolk or somewhere?

Member for

20 years 7 months

Ah, perhaps you're right. I read that on the Modeling Madness review and must have got it into my head that's where they were from! :rolleyes: