Harrier in progress

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Here is a picture of the 1/48th Harrier I'm currently building, missing the seat, as well as the weapons (that I got today in the mail)

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Frank, there is a serious problem with lighting on that pic, maybe your camera doenst have a powerful enough flash. Its no good to post pics of high quality models if you cant see the detail. Please up the lighting.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Well I like it...

Member for

24 years 2 months

The flash light should be good, the fact is that i took it at night. ;)

(I'm sure the resizing didn't help either)

Member for

18 years 8 months

Its looking good,did you start to weather it, i could not tell from the pick ,also what kit is it from.
dave

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes, it is weathered. I tried not to overdo the weathering, as the plane has special markings, wnd should be kept in somewhat of a good shape.

It is Hasegawa's 1/48th kit, with a resin cockpit from Aires.

Member for

19 years 3 months

It's very nice work, Frank. How long did it take?
What kind of Harrier is it & from which country?

Member for

19 years 6 months

It's very nice work, Frank. How long did it take?
What kind of Harrier is it & from which country?

Looks like an AV-8B Harrier II Plus of the USMC, VMA-231 Aces of Spade if I am not mistaken! Am I right on the squadron?

Member for

19 years 6 months

By the way, I forgot to mention it looks great! :) :p

Member for

24 years 2 months

Looks like an AV-8B Harrier II Plus of the USMC, VMA-231 Aces of Spade if I am not mistaken! Am I right on the squadron?

Absolutely right on all points.

And it took me about 6 months now, only working on it over the week end, and not every week end by far (I built several others at the same time.)

And... thank you :)

Member for

19 years 6 months

I hope you will be posting shots of the completed work once you're all done with it! :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

It is now nearing its completon... Waiting for Sidewinders.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 6 months

You've outdone yourself on this one! Not completely done and yet, it looks stunning! I hope that you will share some of your other project in the future. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

You've outdone yourself on this one! Not completely done and yet, it looks stunning! I hope that you will share some of your other project in the future. :)

Sure.

In the works right now are a Mustang (with open engine comparment), and some ground equipment at 1/72 scale + a hangar. Also 2 Hummers, my first attempt at building targets ... I mean, vehicles. :diablo:
And of course, lots more in various stages of completion.

Member for

19 years 6 months

It all sounds great! Can't wait to see what other gems you have on the go!

Member for

18 years 5 months

i look forward to seing the Mustang. You will finish yours way before mine,mind you mine is currantly 8 pages of a2 paper.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Don't bet on it :D

Member for

20 years 2 months

What is the Hasegawa kit number please ?

Member for

18 years 4 months

First class looking replica Frank. I see there is a site now that takes your photos and places them into a scene and produces a large size print. The ones I've seen looked pretty good. Kind of brought the aircraft to life.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Don't bet on it :D

I would bet on it. It is a long way off me even starting to build it,