1:200 StarJets - tails yellowing

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 5 months

Hi all - just discovered this forum today.

I've got all the 1:200 StarJets I know of, but for various reasons they've been in their boxes for over a year. Pulled them out last night and found, to my horror, that two of the tails have gone yellow. It's only the BA A319 and BA A321 that have done this - the rest are fine.

Anyone else had something like this happen to them? I take it my only option now is to replace them (if that's still possible) and keep the old ones for spares? :(

And don't worry about the rest - I'm moving next week, so straight down to IKEA for display cabinets :)

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

HI
I know how it feels to have a faded look on ur a/c but looking at the two BA planes.. I'd suggest you still display them with soft lights (halogen lamps) angled in such a way that the fading is not too obvious. Trust me, angle the planes to the light source in such a way that they'd still look good.
It's all in the tricks buddy... dont throw them off.
Cheers
Dand

Hi all - just discovered this forum today.

I've got all the 1:200 StarJets I know of, but for various reasons they've been in their boxes for over a year. Pulled them out last night and found, to my horror, that two of the tails have gone yellow. It's only the BA A319 and BA A321 that have done this - the rest are fine.

Anyone else had something like this happen to them? I take it my only option now is to replace them (if that's still possible) and keep the old ones for spares? :(

And don't worry about the rest - I'm moving next week, so straight down to IKEA for display cabinets :)

Member for

17 years 5 months

That doesn't sound too bad - though it looks absolutely horrible right now.

I'll wait and see how it looks when I get some decent cabinets, then... and if that doesn't work I'll try and find replacements. That'll be hard, I guess - they don't make StarJets any more, do they?