1/48 scale toronado

Profile picture for user Peter

Member for

20 years 5 months

My god this is a brute to build. I picked this up half built from a junk dealer. It was partially built and had extra decals for a number of other kits as well as white metal seats! All for 15 bucks!
I know the markings are a bit different as is the whole color but with it being partially built etc I opted for a gloss black paint job and markings that would be carried by a display aircraft.

Couple of more pics showing the final product!

Attachments
Original post
Profile picture for user XN923

Member for

14 years 8 months

Nice result. That the Airfix kit?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Correction..

It is 1/32 scale and is the revell kit:rolleyes:

Profile picture for user XN923

Member for

14 years 8 months

That'll teach me to read all the words before posting:o

Edit: aha! Busted. The title of the thread says 1/48

Still, nice kit though. Must take up some space!

Profile picture for user bexWH773

Member for

13 years 6 months

Hi Pete, firstly TY for the Cranberry bits on Evil Bay :diablo: Ok job at hand then, I must say this lady of yours look great. I have in my pile of boxes a 1/32 Revell Tornado to build, one of the German Tigermeet jobbies so what she like to build? Mine is about 4 or 5th down the line to build but I will dig out the idiot guide for it later to see what will be left over to see if I can help.

Bex

Member for

20 years 5 months

problems

Bex this was partly built ans the only frustrating bit was the adjustable wings as mine were fitted together at mismatched angles. In the end, i ripped out the joining spar and glued the wings in position. I have had a hard time with the wheels not staying on but I think this is because the glue I used was old.....? Noce selection of decals tough! Too bad I couldnt use most of the smaller ones with black lettering as they wont show up.

Profile picture for user bexWH773

Member for

13 years 6 months

Well from the photos I wouldnt have guessed u had a bad time with the wings!!!! I hope mine will be a bit easier LoL Oh I think I'll need the lens youre after but Im pretty sure my Tiger is ECM etc so I should have plenty of weapons & tanks left over. Have u seen my model selection on my fotopic site? Work table nealy sorted so my 1/32 F4 can be finished off LoL Bex