Vintage Aircraft Club Fly-ins ~ Jan & Feb

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

Please note these events will NOT be at Turweston.
This decision has been taken in association with the management at Turweston.

These events will be held at a new venue but due to the nature of the venue they are restricted to VAC members only - even by road I'm afraid - membership validity will be checked.
There may be non-members allowed but only if aircraft deemed to be suitably Vintage or Classic.

These events will be STRICTLY PPR - even to members - Radio and Non-Radio will be allowed.

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Sounds like a good reason to join the VAC. How do we join?

Member for

20 years 1 month

The club have a web-site that is under development and a form can be found on there - it is at http://www.vac.flyer.co.uk/vac-membership.htm
It is £15 per year and includes a quarterly A4 magazine and information about various club only events during the year...

Member for

24 years 4 months

Where is this new venue? Have they tried Leicester?

Its a bad thing when there's a fly in and you can only attend if you're a member or if you fly in. It reinforces the idea that private flying is exclusive to rich boys and their toys and therefore likely to generate more NIMBY'S. :(

Hope they find a more suitable venue soon.

Neal

Member for

20 years 4 months

Where is this new venue? Have they tried Leicester?

Its a bad thing when there's a fly in and you can only attend if you're a member or if you fly in. It reinforces the idea that private flying is exclusive to rich boys and their toys and therefore likely to generate more NIMBY'S. :(

Hope they find a more suitable venue soon.

Neal

I suspect, although happy to be told I am wrong (and where R may have missed the point), that VAC may have been forced down this route by previous events, although Neal's point is a fair one.

Member for

24 years 4 months

Sorry if my post seemed like I was having a go at VAC. That wasn't my intention, I know that they've been forced into this situation.
Its great that they're continuing with the fly-ins and maybe they will find another venue in the future.

Grrrrrrr. NIMBY's

Neal

Member for

20 years 9 months

Hmm. £15 a year. That's what it costs me for 30mins flying.

Now this is really mean, and I don't recommend anyone copies me :diablo: , but I'm going to spend my £15 on flying to Turweston that day, which I guess will still be open. You never know. I could set a trend. There could be loads of us there. It could be fun.

But that would be really mean and I don't do that sort of thing. Makes you think though.

Don't even think about it. Join VAC.

Member for

20 years 8 months

The Jan & Feb VAC meets will be at a certain grass airfield on the outskirts of northern Oxfordshire.... cannot say but you can guess!
As Armwaver states it is VAC members only so join now!

Its a dam shame these bloody irritating little f**k*rs that move into an area whereby they probably know theirs an active airfield go and spoil the fun (& in the case of TW is definetly affecting business to such a degree that the businesses that operate from TW may fold if "trade" does not perk up soonish ).... & of course those NIMBYS with alittle power go & use it to the powers above to stop or limit activities....pathetic really.

If only they (those NIMBYS) could see the dedication & sheer hard graft that VAC put in time & again to make each Fly In a success..... wishful thinking springs to mind!

Seems like the NIMBYS have nothing better to do i expect - guess they will try and get a ban on people mowing their lawns or moan about the sheep bleeting in the adjoining fields next cos of the "noise"!!!!

What is needed is to drive that NIMBY(s) out! - put "diversion" signs from the busy A43 to go right up his back yard!! (he he) - sorry getting carried away now! :D
www.abingdonfayre.com

Member for

20 years 11 months

I have joined the VAC, and got my membership card through last week.

How do I find out where the fly-ins are to take place? I have checked the website and it's not been updated.

Member for

20 years 4 months

Joe
welcome to VAC
would suggest you PM Arm Waver,he should have the right answer for you
hopefully see you at a VAC event in future
Colin
www.communigate.co.uk/oxford/oag

Member for

20 years 11 months

Thanks oag.

My Vintage and Classic dropped through the letterbox this morning. :)

Hopefully me and 'Tango-Alpha' will see you at the snowball rally in January. ;)

Member for

20 years 4 months

not a problem Joe...my mag came through this morning also,so I guess you know where the 1st two VAC events(at least) for 2005 will be
presume you're flying in....excuse the ignorance,but what is full reg and type of "Tango-Alpha",I'm part of marshalling team,with ArmWaver,so will keep eye out for you
colin

Member for

20 years 11 months

oag

Here is a picture of 'TA' sunning herself at her home base (Tollerton).

Attachments

Member for

20 years 4 months

Ooohh,nice....
bright-orange G-AMTM also regular visitor to VAC events...wonder if we'll be able to put the pair together on the flight-line for photo-shoot
colin

Member for

20 years 9 months

oag

Here is a picture of 'TA' sunning herself at her home base (Tollerton).

very tasty shame I won't be able to getthere to see her in the flesh(or in this case fabric)

Member for

24 years 4 months

Pretty, pretty aircraft!

Lovely. :)

Moggy

Member for

24 years 4 months

Does a Maule count as a classic? I know post-M4 the looks went but ...

Member for

20 years 4 months

Hi guys,
just a quickie to re-affirm the members-only situation at the first two VAC events in 2005 are NOT of VAC's own doing...it is a condition of use of the venue airfield that only VAC members may attend...let's hope we can welcome others again in future,but in the meantime please bear with us,thank you

colin

Member for

20 years 4 months

WELL....the first fly-in was held yesterday at Bicester.
Despite nearly 70 aircraft announcing their intention to visit the low,450ft,cloud-base prevented any visiting movements.Only based Gemini and motor-glider flew all-day....better luck in February
colin
vintage aircraft club(www.vac.flyer.co.uk)
oxfordshire aviation group(www.communigate.co.uk/oxford/oag)

Member for

20 years 11 months

I was disappointed not to be able to make it, especially as I spent Friday evening giving the Auster a bit of a wash and brush up!

Still at least on Saturday morning whilst waiting for the weather to clear I managed to knock out a few odd jobs on the aircraft, so not a total waste of time.

Fingers crossed for the next one :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 4 months

Joe,
great shame the day turned out the way it did...but such is life
look forward to Feb 13th
colin
oxfordshire aviation group