Aircraft Cockpit Sections/Instrument Panel Projects Part 2

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

Very nice Taifun

Member for

17 years 8 months

Superb Taifun. a mobile cloche ,) the work that has gone into that must be staggering.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Very interesting. I was trying to branch out to film work. My Lynx is full and has all glazing out which helps with filming. My Hurri and one of the Hunters have been used for filming.

Member for

15 years 8 months

not ruthlessly accurate ...

Member for

15 years 8 months

Bristol Brigand B1

a lot more progress ...

Attachments

Member for

17 years 1 month

Looking good, and even better in the flesh.

Member for

15 years 8 months

Awesome! and complete with rudder pedals

Member for

11 years 1 month

Heres me Jug panel. Brought it as a restored original that was populated by the previous owner. It had a some incorrect indicators so the hunt was on.
It took a few years to find the turbo-supercharger indicator. It’s a late war version but would have preferred to obtain an early one. It’ll do for now.
Stephen.

Attachments

Member for

17 years 1 month

Very nice! Big aircraft, big panel!

Member for

6 years 4 months

Hello to all! here is my panel L-39 Albatross

video: https://youtu.be/_XFdBisdM6I

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":3850340}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":3850339}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":3850338}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

5 years 4 months

I am attempting to make a front cockpit of a Tornado GR1 as it would have been fitted out during the 1st Gulf war, I have a long way to go for it to be perfect and I have come to realise it will probably never be complete. the panels are not genuine, the left main panel is made from wood and the right one is made from cardboard! amd the whole front panel inclusing PMD and HUD is resting on top of a box. The left side console is also just a cardboard box! The throttles I recently discovered are from a F3 so not accurate but I will have to make do unless I ever manage to get hold of GR1 throttles (or GR4 if they are the same) a few of the instruments are also from F3 but I have discovered those particular ones are identical to GR1 so not a big issue there. I have quite a few parts which are not yet installed, such as the E-scope, Landing gear lever, flaps, slats Air/Br and wing poision indicator, 3 axes trim indicator, angle of attack indicator, g-meter, CWP, Brake pressure triple indicator, Magnetic standby compass, HUD camera controls, Engine controls, TFR controls, fuel managment panel, RWHR controls, Enviroment controls and Emergency UHF radio controls.

https://live.staticflickr.com/7908/32012965637_40d3d530ec_c.jpgTornado GR1 cockpit mock up 2019 01 by Jason Evans

https://live.staticflickr.com/7889/46229376524_14a3b72d78_c.jpgTornado GR1 cockpit left side console by Jason Evans