Fly in a Spitfire Air Experience Flights NO licence needed!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 4 months

I was at Goodwood last Thursday or Friday and the two two-seaters were working pretty hard.

Moggy

Member for

13 years 8 months

hi Bruce

BFA Spits still doing pilot only courses but this may well change in the near future.

Chrs

Member for

20 years 3 months

So, did any spitfire flying take place then?

No, on one of the best weather days this year (Thursday), no Spitfire operated from Headcorn. I am led to believe the punter turned up but nobody from this company was there to host him. Oops!

For all those who pay up front for this or any aviation activity, "Caveat Emptor".......

Member for

20 years 3 months

ANGPHO,

Well that's alright then. I'll await with interest the regular Spitfire activity at EGKH. :D

Member for

16 years 1 month

Do they have full time office staff to answer the phone? In which case I might give then a try...

I'm not part of their company so can't help you with their staffing levels - sorry.

They advertise office hours on their website of 9 to 5 so I would think that would be where to start. Playing devils's advocate there may be any number of reasons your e-mail hasn't been answered, spam filters, sheer numbers meaning it has been overlooked, who knows.

Or wait and see what happens, I personally think they have some credibility, they own two more Spitfires than most of us!

Phone number below,

http://aerolegends.co.uk/contact-us.php

Member for

13 years 4 months

There are ways & means around most obstacles, you can simply offer a paid flight in a Tiger moth or Harvard at say £1.500, & then offer a free or cost share flight in a Spit to the passenger. As far as I know the CAA can't stop you from charging whatever you want for a flight in any certfied aircraft, £1.500 or whatever may well be very expensive for a flight in a Tiger, but I'm sure that a few people would happily pay it if they might get a chance of a free flight in a Spit ;).

Bob T.

Member for

10 years 3 months

I got to fly in a Spitfire!!

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/2014-06-22/spitfire-returns-to-fighter-base-at-headcorn/

Good for Neville!!:applause:

I was lucky enough to meet Neville last Sunday & showed him the (online) footage of his flight, which he hadn't seen :)

Re. AeroLegends, I'm happy to confirm that I am the happiest person on the planet, having had the best day of my life yesterday, flying in a Spitfire (& Harvard) from Duxford (Headcorn wasn't suitable as they'd had their big Combined Ops weekend) so they were operating from HAC this week. I had an indescribably wonderful time & can't recommend it highly enough. Magic. Beyond magic. Being in a Spitfire, & one that saw active service at that, is the best feeling in the world! We got to do aerobatics & I even got to fly for a little bit (I don't have a PPL, although I want to learn on a Tiger Moth, it's definitely the next Big Thing I want to do). The Harvard didn't fly in the morning as it was a bit too windy, so I was lucky to get both in.