Helios Fly into Durham Tees Valley

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Looks like our based Spanair aircraft isn't happening this summer, with many of last year's flights now on non-based aircraft on a much reduced programme.

I'm sure this is in part due to BY basing their 738 in town which maybe goes someway to proving that MME cannot sustain a two aircraft charter base in the summer months.

Essentially Spanair will do flights to:
Alicante (Saturday)
Palma (Saturday)
Lanzarote (Thursday)
Menorca (Friday)

It looks as if Astraeus are coming to MME for the first time too:

Reus (Monday)
Ibiza (Friday)

All of the above I imagine still have to be confirmed as some of the timings don't quite look right.

Finally though, Helios are coming on a Wednesday to do the Larnaca run, which makes sense as I always thought Spanair doing it last year was a little strange.

There are I believe further non-based flights as there usually are for other travel companies, but the vast majority of other flights will be carried out by the BY738.

For completeness, a reminder that WW start flights to Cork and Paris this summer, and we are only days away from Ryanair commencing their daily flight to Rome.

So an increase in traffic most definitely, but we haven't quite made it yet to having two based charter aircraft.

Regards from the North East... :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

The Astraeus flights will be on W patterns from LBA as far as I can see, it looks like we are having a based AEU 737 at LBA this summer for about 5 days a week operating flights for MyTravel.

Would love to see Helios at LBA :)

Member for

19 years 6 months

Will mme see more or less charter flights and more or less charter destinatons for summer 2005?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Does anyone know which 737-800 will be based at Durham Tees Valley?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Humberside - I imagine MME will see more charter flights as it has a based BY 738 this summer.

Ben - I think the 738 was coming from Britannia Nordic ?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Humberside - I imagine MME will see more charter flights as it has a based BY 738 this summer.

Ben - I think the 738 was coming from Britannia Nordic ?

Does anyone know which one of their fleet it will be? Ta for the info mate, I really need to start getting back on here a bit more, I'm always the last one to know!

Member for

20 years 11 months

lol - You miss so much when you dont visit for a while!

I haven't got a clue which one mate, I think theres one going to Durham and one to Doncaster, maybe swapping with 2 757s like they did last time I dont know. There hasnt been much said on this in a while, anyone know anything?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Last I heard Tom, Donacaster were getting a 757! :confused:

As for our 737; it will come from Sweden in exchange for a 757. Another 738 is coming over here though where I don't know. It was also be interesting to see if the switch is a permanent one (i.e. back on UK register) or if its just a summer swap.

We will be getting more Charter flights, but probably only just. We've swapped one based aircraft for another, so the real increase comes from 'w' and foreign flights.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Thanks for your help

Doncaster should be getting a B737-800 for charters, same as MME

Member for

20 years 11 months

Pembo - Now that you mention it, I think Donny is getting a 752, hasnt it been upgraded due to demand?

Member for

19 years 6 months

Well I understood Doncaster was a B737 due to operational reasons, whatever they are I dont know. If there is a change could someone please confirm

Member for

24 years 3 months

I saw something recently stating that Doncaster would get a 752; think it was on a.net somewhere.

Demand seems the logical reason for an upgrade.