Air pollution

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

Can anybody out there help me with a study on air pollution. In particular:

The types of pollutants produced by aircraft.
EU limits.
UK limits and strategies.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

The only fact I have is that C02 emissions from all the GA in the UK for a full year is equivalent to 12 minutes emissions from UK road vehicles.

Moggy

Member for

15 years 4 months

Would that be rock spider?

Member for

15 years 3 months

Aviation does 5% of all emissions

One liter of kerosene produces 3.5 liters of CO2 and 1.3 liter of water vapour.

In Finland all aviation pollution equals one coalbased powerplant pro year or less.

All in all aviation is responsible about 5-6% of all CO2 emissions into the air ( heating of infrastucture does about 50% ie. houses, offices, factories, shops etc. ).

An A 320 fully loaded produces less emission than a car does per person.

I bet in England also the pollution by aviation is a lot more than in Finland but definitely no more in percentage vise compared to cars and lorries etc.

What has been interesting is that some bus drivers in Helsinki can use ½ the gas than others...so driving habits also affect to this equation. Transportation companies are pretty keen to study how much gas is used because it costs millions for the company..many times more than the bus driver salary that is.

All effects of aviation in pollution have not been studied yet ( will the heated air damage more atmosphere higher where the air is thinner etc. ).

Member for

18 years 2 months

Can anybody out there help me with a study on air pollution. In particular:

The types of pollutants produced by aircraft.
EU limits.
UK limits and strategies.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Spider,

Whats the reason for your request? Are you doing a study of your own. Can you drop me a PM? Are you looking at doing some physical sampling, or a desk based exercise? CO2 is the obvious one, but there are others, such as PM10s...