Allison Parks, RIP

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 7 months

While researching the news story about Victoria Vetri, I came across this story about one of her predecessors, Allison Parks, Miss October 1965 and the 1966 Playmate of the Year.

According to her profile, her hobby was flying, she was working her way towards a private pilot’s license, and she belonged to a group of Los Angeles area pilots called the Sky Roamers. She commented:

"Until I started flying, my big dream was to own a hot sports car someday. Now, I couldn't care less about cars -- except as the quickest means of getting to and from the airstrip. The moment I took over the controls for the first time, I was hooked. There's something almost ethereal about sitting in a cockpit thousands of feet above the earth with nothing around to distract you."

A halcyon image of the days of affordable airplanes, cheap avgas, uncluttered skies – and a California beauty with long blond hair windswept by propwash.

Whether she got her pilot’s ticket is uncertain since she was busy in later years raising a family, modeling and acting in TV and print advertisements, and pursuing a career in business.

Allison Parks – actually Gloria Graf, nee Waldron — made her final flight on 21 June 2010, dying of heart failure on her favorite beach in Hawaii during a family vacation. She was 68.

Original post