Film Remakes and the trend to remake Michael Caine films

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

Is it just me or is there a real lack of new ideas in Films at the moment?.
We have had all the re-hash of all the superheroes and now it seems to be the trend to Remake classics that Michael Caine starred in.

We Had the Lousy remake of "Get Carter" and and "Italian Job" neither of which really matched the original although i felt the new "Italian Job" was still a good film.We now got Jude Law as "Alfie" which i hope is a good film but still can not see why they see the need to remake it.
As Alfie would say "Whats it all about?" is it all just a lack of ideas or do people want see new versions of these films more than the originals?

Original post

Member for

24 years 4 months

Can they do a remake of Zulu please?

Only this time cast Jim Carrey as Michael Caine, and use REAL spears... ;)

Member for

20 years 7 months

Can they do a remake of Zulu please?

Only this time cast Jim Carrey as Michael Caine, and use REAL spears... ;)

Zulu is bound to be on the list of remakes somewhere so you may get your wish yet Steve.

Member for

20 years 7 months

It certainly strikes me as a lack of original thought. I blame the damned accountants. Making films is so expensive they stiffle a great deal of creativity by insisting on "guaranteed formulae" that will bring a predictable return. How many people go to see a remake because they enjoyed the original, only to be disappointed? The original film is the puller rather than the promise or risk of something new.

I was wondering if it just done to the money glad to see people thinking the same as me,Its still risky though to remake films as they often flop when they get slated for not being so good.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Is it just me or is there a real lack of new ideas in Films at the moment?.

Its not just films either - look at music too.

Flood

Member for

20 years 9 months

Take that shot-for-shot remake of Psycho a few years back. Pish! :mad:

Why?? Did you ever see him shaking hands with the bishop in the original? No! That totally spoiled it for me. It was as though Hollywood said "Let's take the original and ADD to it!" Prats. :mad:

Member for

20 years 9 months

I suspect there'll be no clamour for a re-make of Jaws: The Revenge. Caine's worst film by many a mile...

Member for

19 years 11 months

I'll know it's gone too far if they try to remake any of the Harry Palmer films (Ipcress File etc). Austin Powers doesn't count by the way.

JC

Member for

19 years 10 months

Think BIG: Battle of Britain II

Member for

20 years 9 months

I suspect there'll be no clamour for a re-make of Jaws: The Revenge. Caine's worst film by many a mile...

Oh I dunno, it has a sort of lame-ass appeal to it...:rolleyes: lol :p

Member for

21 years

Don't like remakes, they're like cover versions of songs, just not the same