Who owns an Apple iPod 4th Generation?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

aahhhh!

i'm looking at all of the review sites and magazines, trying to decide which MP3 player to buy. each review source has different information about the iPod.

how is the iPod 4th Gen. recharged? is it through USB only, AC adapter or both? if its USB, i'm assuming you need a computer to recharge it, which is silly because if i go on holiday with it, and can't get to a computer to recharge it, i can't use it anymore.

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

Is that the Mini-iPod?

Member for

20 years 9 months

nope. the mini-ipod is i think 4,5, or 6 gb. the larger ipod 4th gen is 20/60 gb.

Member for

20 years 1 month

it can be charged through USB or through any electrical outlet.... it comes w/ 2 different cords.

Member for

20 years 6 months

There's a universal mains rated charger available.
Bought one for my Ipod mini.
It's got adaptors for American, Australian, European and UK wall sockets and fits I think all Ipods.
Cost about twenty five quid.
Used it in America recently and here in the UK.
Cheers
Andy

Member for

20 years 9 months

thanks guys

Member for

19 years 10 months

I.ve owned three players..the Ipod Mini,ipod 4th gen. and have just bought the 60Gig i POD photo..the 4th gen ipod (non color) isnt made and marketed anymore(atleast in US) therefore if u want something that is new now go for the 20 gig color (in the US it is 299$ as compared to the 250 of the 4th gen ipod)...the Ipod 4th gen and the ipod photo can be charged both through the USB as well as the ac adapter..however only 1 cable is provided which serves both the purposes.

Member for

19 years 2 months

I bought the Ipod Shuffle some weeks ago. Wanted to buy the Mini-Ipod however since I use the MP3-player only to pratice sports (and not in the car) the shopowner advised me this one. It can last 4 hours without having to recharge it, and it beats expensive batteries!! If you only need it for sports like me I advise you to buy this one. I don't need no extra options etc, neither do I need to have a zillion songs on it. It only costed about 120 euro's or even less

Member for

20 years 9 months

i've had an ipod 20GB colour ordered from the apple store yesterday as an 18th bday present - it arrived this morning - and im not allowed to open it yet!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!! its so painful - its just sitting there not doing anything. its screaming out to be opened.

thanks for the help guys