Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Well, like Webby says, here's part 2!

Same drill as before, ladies and germs.

Original post

Member for

18 years 8 months

When I saw Titanic at the Empire Leicester Square,I came away feeling that the sound-track was amazing but the SFX regarding the long-shot sinking scenes were poor.
After watching the Region 2 Deluxe Collector's Edition,in my front room,projected onto a big screen via an upscaled (1080i) DVD,I am now more than happy.It seems that a lot of work has gone into improving the visual quality.

But how many of us are preparing to fully upgrade our DVD players to HD-DVD or BlueRay in the near future?
And are we ready to replace,so soon,our "ordinary" DVD collection?

Member for

18 years 7 months

But how many of us are preparing to fully upgrade our DVD players to HD-DVD or BlueRay in the near future?
And are we ready to replace,so soon,our "ordinary" DVD collection?

I have got a large collection of DVDs that I have managed to achieve in just 3 years...I now have 120+ films, and am dreading the day when oridnary DVDs will become a thing of the past! The amount of money I have spent and continue to spend on them is insane, what am I to do!

Btw, the last film I saw (incidentally the lastest DVD to add to my collection!) was Apollo 13 - love this film because I like Tom Hanks, mighty fine actor!

Member for

20 years 8 months

I have got a large collection of DVDs that I have managed to achieve in just 3 years...I now have 120+ films, and am dreading the day when oridnary DVDs will become a thing of the past! The amount of money I have spent and continue to spend on them is insane, what am I to do!

Couldn't agree more!!! I really cannot be arsed replacing them all again! :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 7 months

Well, the last film I saw was Live Free or Die Hard. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It had been a long time since Bruce Willis had made a film which had blown me out of my seat. As far as I was concerned, his time doing full blown action flicks was a thing of the past. So I went in there, somewhat expecting a little disapointment.
Fortunately, I am happy to say that this was a fine effort. The movie itself flowed pretty good, the dialogue wasn't too ambitious so it made it easy to watch. The plot line was feasible so I didn't seat wondering when this would be over and done with. The only part where I cringed a little was around the end with the F-35. Still though, I thought it was an overly entertaining two hours of action and Bruce Willis didn't disappoint. And the iMac dude was a decent comic relief.
All in all, I would recommend it to anyone who has a couple of hours to spare and it was raining.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Thanks Irwan,but I think I'll wait for the DVD.
What I'm really looking forward to is Transformers.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thanks Irwan,but I think I'll wait for the DVD.
What I'm really looking forward to is Transformers.

Oh, hell yes!! :D

Last film I watched was an Eighties classic:

http://www.jurassicdvd.com/catalog/images/croc.jpg

Ages since I'd seen this, but still pretty good fun.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Sat and watched one of my all-time favourite sci-fi films last night...Event Horizon!

Member for

17 years 10 months

Last film i sawwas kevin and perry go large.

"That is soooooo, unnfair."

And the last scene when there in the club is good too:)

Member for

18 years 8 months

Sat in my usual seat at the Odeon,Leicester Square,I enjoyed the latest episode of Harry Potter.....the Order of the Phoenix.Pure digital picture and sound....very nice:D
As a Harry Potter fan,having read all the books,I was not disappointed.Nor was the rest of the audience because there were at least seven rounds of applause during the film.
If you've been following Harry's journey,via book or film,you're gonna love it.
If this is your first dip into Harry Potter,stay at home and watch the telly.

P.S.
Transformers opens nationwide on the 27th;)

Member for

21 years

http://www.musicman.com/00pic/3214.jpg

The boys from the black stuff decide that layoffs at the pit will not stop them taking their Grimley Colliery Band to th nantional championships for one more shot at glory
The arrivel of flugelhorn player Gloria ( the lovely Tara Fitzgerald ) gives them hope
Pity it dissolves into an grimy anti-Thatcher tract with grumpy old Pete Postlethwaite as the band leader

Member for

18 years 10 months

Flight of fury - with Steaven Seagull, what a pathetic attempt @ something:(

they are showing F-14 and F-18 taking off from a carrier, but in the air and the striking etc F-16 Agressor Falcons..!!!?

I could swear that it was also some "recycling" from Iron Eagle.

Ah well....

Member for

20 years 8 months

Ahhh Seagal. What happened to your career?? :diablo:

After yesterday's horseback shenanigans (full-throttle gallop downhill!), I decided to watch Hidalgo again. Not your usual horse-racing film, being about endurance rather than track racing, but it's also a good old-fashioned adventure movie as well, and a moving ending to boot.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Ahhh Seagal. What happened to your career?? :diablo:

After yesterday's horseback shenanigans (full-throttle gallop downhill!), I decided to watch Hidalgo again. Not your usual horse-racing film, being about endurance rather than track racing, but it's also a good old-fashioned adventure movie as well, and a moving ending to boot.

Yes, Hidalgo - I've seen it a while back, it is not my usual type of movie, but I still quite enjoyed that one:)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Not a big fan of any of the Harry Potter series, and in fact I could quite happily live without them, but I've seen them all up to now so thought I'd go along with a couple of friends and see number 5 in the series.

To be honest, it's nothing really new to me, although I've never read the books. In my opinion, just another episode in a series that jumped the shark a while ago, but an OK way to spend a couple of hours...

Member for

20 years 6 months

(1) Transformers (3/5)
(2) Live Free or Die Hard (4/5)...even though the title is just the logo of the state of New Hampshire (with "hard" added)
(3) Knocked Up (4.5/5)
(4) 1408 (3.5/5)
(5) Evan Almighty (3.5/5)
(6) Sicko (5/5)..Excellent
(7) Ocean's Thirteen (4/5)
(8) Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (1/5)...Terrible
(9) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (3.5/5)
(10) Shrek the Third (4/5)
(11) Spider-Man 3 (3.5/5)
(12) Disturbia (4/5)

...over the past couple of months.

Member for

18 years 8 months

http://www.musicman.com/00pic/3214.jpg

The boys from the black stuff decide that layoffs at the pit will not stop them taking their Grimley Colliery Band to th nantional championships for one more shot at glory
The arrivel of flugelhorn player Gloria ( the lovely Tara Fitzgerald ) gives them hope
Pity it dissolves into an grimy anti-Thatcher tract with grumpy old Pete Postlethwaite as the band leader

The film refered to here is Brassed Off.
Buy the way Steve,I liked the surname the band member gave Gloria;) .

Member for

19 years 7 months

Well, Barry, Daz, I was fortunate enough to have seen Transformers on Friday night I believe. First off, I have to say that I will have to see it again as my friend and I simply didn't have the best seats in the house. We were trying to catch the early show as I was meeting a group of friends at the pub later on that night.
So, from an angle off to the left from the screen, the movie started. Having seen the many online and television previews, I was hoping that they hadn't showed all of the best parts during those two minutes spots. Well, I am happy to say that this is easily one of the best sci-fi movie I have seen in quite some time. Micheal Bay did a fantastic job and I do mean fantastic.
Shia LaBoeuf was fantastic. He seem to deliver his lines effortlessly and you felt he was having a great time making the movie. And that transcended into his performance. His love interest, on the other hand, not so brilliant but considering the kind of eye candy she was, I didn't really mind. The rest of the cast did well to support the story.
However, what really blew me away were the special effects. The robots themselves looked real. I'm sorry but I couldn't find a single thing wrong with any of the incorporation of the FXs onto the actual film. I was completely amazed and I continue to drool to this day. As I said above, I plan on seeing it again, hopefully this weekend with a few other friends and the girlfriend.
Barry, Daz, as soon as it is released in England, get in there and let me know what you guys thought.
Cheers.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Thanks for that Irwan.I plan to see it at The Empire Leicester Square on Sunday the 29th;) .

Member for

20 years 8 months

I've always been a bit of a fan of Michael Bay's flicks (yes, even Pearl Harbor has its merits, such as they are!), so it's entirely likely I'll be going to see Transformers very soon.

Last film I sat and watched was:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PF/PF_939737_OEM_15MB~10-Things-I-Hate-About-You-Posters.jpg

In an updated version of Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew, new kid Cameron James (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is head over heels for popular sophomore Bianca Stratford (Larissa Oleynik), but Bianca's overprotective father forbids her to date Cameron unless Bianca's older ill-tempered, rebellious sister Kat (Julia Styles) dates. But Joey Donner (Andrew Keegan) wants Bianca, so he uses sullen senior Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger) to attempt to win Kat's heart.

Not my usual fare, I have to admit, but there's something very likable about this teen rom-com that sets it above the usual standard. The performances are great all-round, some genuinely funny moments and some classic quotes ("Remove head from sphincter, THEN drive!") - so a pretty good round of entertainment to be had!

Member for

19 years 7 months

Thanks for that Irwan.I plan to see it at The Empire Leicester Square on Sunday the 29th;) .

No problem Barry, let me know how you enjoyed it.
The next movie I am planning on checking out will the The Simpsons Movie. Seen previews for it last week, and it does look quite funny.
Until the next time, be well. Just to let you know, I will be posting less and less as I will be starting Ph D studies in the fall. But I'll be around everyonce in a while. Cheers!